If terrorists were discovered embedded in any other organization or company in the world, with a funding of 1.6BN$ a year no less at least, the entire thing would be shut down within 24 hours.
A U.N. relief worker alleged by Israel to have participated in the Oct. 7 attacks was captured on video that day removing the limp body of an Israeli man who had been shot at Kibbutz Beeri and driving off with it, according to information released Friday by Israeli authorities.
Israel told the United Nations Relief and Works Agency last month that Faisal Ali Musalam Naami, 45, and 11 other UNRWA employees participated in or lent support to the Hamas-led assault on southern Israel that precipitated Israel’s war in the besieged Palestinian territory. Israeli authorities have said Hamas and allied gunmen killed 1,200 Israelis and took some 253 people hostage back in Gaza.
The explosive allegations plunged the United Nations into crisis, leading the United States — the agency’s largest donor — and other nations to suspend funding for the relief agency and threatening to collapse its operations in Gaza and the wider Middle East.
​
The footage of the person Israel identified as Naami would be the first to surface publicly of any of the accused individuals participating in the attack. Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant released a screenshot from the video at a news conference Friday as part of a dossier that publicly identified the accused relief workers. “UNRWA has lost legitimacy and can no longer function as a U.N. body,” Gallant said.
​
The CCTV footage, located independently by The Washington Post, provides a fuller picture than the brief account in the public dossier, which says Naami “was involved in kidnapping a soldier from Beeri.” Israel has also accused Naami of being part of a Hamas brigade in his hometown of Nuseirat.
After he was named in confidential Israeli documents last month, The Post found images of Naami online and then used facial recognition software to find a likely match for him in footage from Oct. 7. The Post found other indications pointing to Naami as the individual in the footage. A Nissan Terrano II in the footage appears consistent with the same make and model of car that Naami is pictured with in social media posts, including damaged trim on a rear window.
​
Before Friday’s news conference, a security official told The Post that Israeli authorities had identified the man in the footage as Naami. The footage is among the evidence Israel used as the basis for its allegation against Naami, said the official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive information.
​
In the footage from Oct. 7, the SUV drives toward an open gate to Kibbutz Beeri shortly after 9:30 a.m. and stops just inside the entrance, where three men who had been shot and dragged from a car are lying motionless on the ground.
Two men step out of the SUV. The driver, the man identified as Naami, is wearing glasses that match photos from his social media profiles. The other man is carrying a rifle. They open the rear door of the vehicle and spread out a blanket inside.
They approach one of the people who had been shot, a man on the street next to an overturned cooler. It is not clear if he is alive, but he does not react as the man identified as Naami takes him by the jacket, the other man lifts his legs and they carry him to the trunk and place him inside.
They then rummage through belongings that are strewn in the street, taking a cellphone and a hat before driving off less than three minutes after they arrived. It is not clear why or where the two men took the Israeli or why they left the other bodies.
Despicable
I believe it, and it is damning evidence. Definitely not the only person that has done it and he won’t be the last. I wish more news outlets would post about it though, I only see Washington Post reporting on it as of now.
so the post didnt get this from israel they were able to figure it out on their own with investigative journalism. interesting
Ah but let me guess, this doesn’t count as evidence! /s
The only terror state here is Israel and their endless campaign of ethnic ethnic and building illegal settlements
Why did the UN think that hiring exclusively from a brain washed religious cult for their office operating in Gaza was a good idea? The UNRWA is one of the biggest examples of poor management I have ever seen
Why the possibility that a small number of UN workers may have participated should equate to loss of funding and starving a people is beyond me. If the argument that the IDF isn’t all bad because a larger number of its members perpetrate crimes against each other, humanity and their own laws stands the test of scrutiny, why do we need to cut funding to the UN there for the same possibility that there’s bad actor among their ranks?
[deleted]
To be fair, there is video evidence of IDF sniping random women crossing the street
Funny how most media leave out critical context to the UN agency. UNRWA has 30,000 employees in Gaza alone, the largest employer by far. It’s as if we found out a handful of Walmart employees were terrorists, we wouldn’t blame Walmart. We’d expect Walmart to fire them, involve the authorities, and do better vetting. Which it seems like UNRWA is doing
So far hard evidence was provided against one person.
What about the rest of the 10-11 people accused?
Just one example doesn’t mean that all 12,000 UNRWA employees are Hamas.
Furthermore, Israel background checks and approves all UNRWA employees. Why is that not mentioned? No one gets hired without Israeli approval.
Lol I’ve been told over and over again that Israel had no proof of this.
[removed]
Is anyone surprised at any of this?
Can someone help me understand what this proves? I feel like it leads to more questions than answers. Why are they taking a body and how would that serve hamas? Why not take the other bodies? Is there more to this that proves this guy is linked to hamas? Sure he could have been taking the body to claim as a hostage (whether the soldier was dead or still alive. Could he also have recognized the body and/or taken it for a different reason? I think I’m missing something.
Alexei navalny death: president Biden blames Vladimir Putin|BBc news
20 comments
Common unrwa worker
If terrorists were discovered embedded in any other organization or company in the world, with a funding of 1.6BN$ a year no less at least, the entire thing would be shut down within 24 hours.
The UN needs a purge.
And also red crescent medical personnel (using civilian medical vehicles)
participated in the October 7 massacre
— [See the Video](https://www.reddit.com/r/tjournal_refugees/s/qF1Iy9y1cq)
A U.N. relief worker alleged by Israel to have participated in the Oct. 7 attacks was captured on video that day removing the limp body of an Israeli man who had been shot at Kibbutz Beeri and driving off with it, according to information released Friday by Israeli authorities.
Israel told the United Nations Relief and Works Agency last month that Faisal Ali Musalam Naami, 45, and 11 other UNRWA employees participated in or lent support to the Hamas-led assault on southern Israel that precipitated Israel’s war in the besieged Palestinian territory. Israeli authorities have said Hamas and allied gunmen killed 1,200 Israelis and took some 253 people hostage back in Gaza.
The explosive allegations plunged the United Nations into crisis, leading the United States — the agency’s largest donor — and other nations to suspend funding for the relief agency and threatening to collapse its operations in Gaza and the wider Middle East.
​
The footage of the person Israel identified as Naami would be the first to surface publicly of any of the accused individuals participating in the attack. Israeli Defense Minister Yoav Gallant released a screenshot from the video at a news conference Friday as part of a dossier that publicly identified the accused relief workers. “UNRWA has lost legitimacy and can no longer function as a U.N. body,” Gallant said.
​
The CCTV footage, located independently by The Washington Post, provides a fuller picture than the brief account in the public dossier, which says Naami “was involved in kidnapping a soldier from Beeri.” Israel has also accused Naami of being part of a Hamas brigade in his hometown of Nuseirat.
After he was named in confidential Israeli documents last month, The Post found images of Naami online and then used facial recognition software to find a likely match for him in footage from Oct. 7. The Post found other indications pointing to Naami as the individual in the footage. A Nissan Terrano II in the footage appears consistent with the same make and model of car that Naami is pictured with in social media posts, including damaged trim on a rear window.
​
Before Friday’s news conference, a security official told The Post that Israeli authorities had identified the man in the footage as Naami. The footage is among the evidence Israel used as the basis for its allegation against Naami, said the official, speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive information.
​
In the footage from Oct. 7, the SUV drives toward an open gate to Kibbutz Beeri shortly after 9:30 a.m. and stops just inside the entrance, where three men who had been shot and dragged from a car are lying motionless on the ground.
Two men step out of the SUV. The driver, the man identified as Naami, is wearing glasses that match photos from his social media profiles. The other man is carrying a rifle. They open the rear door of the vehicle and spread out a blanket inside.
They approach one of the people who had been shot, a man on the street next to an overturned cooler. It is not clear if he is alive, but he does not react as the man identified as Naami takes him by the jacket, the other man lifts his legs and they carry him to the trunk and place him inside.
They then rummage through belongings that are strewn in the street, taking a cellphone and a hat before driving off less than three minutes after they arrived. It is not clear why or where the two men took the Israeli or why they left the other bodies.
Despicable
I believe it, and it is damning evidence. Definitely not the only person that has done it and he won’t be the last. I wish more news outlets would post about it though, I only see Washington Post reporting on it as of now.
so the post didnt get this from israel they were able to figure it out on their own with investigative journalism. interesting
Ah but let me guess, this doesn’t count as evidence! /s
The only terror state here is Israel and their endless campaign of ethnic ethnic and building illegal settlements
Why did the UN think that hiring exclusively from a brain washed religious cult for their office operating in Gaza was a good idea? The UNRWA is one of the biggest examples of poor management I have ever seen
Why the possibility that a small number of UN workers may have participated should equate to loss of funding and starving a people is beyond me. If the argument that the IDF isn’t all bad because a larger number of its members perpetrate crimes against each other, humanity and their own laws stands the test of scrutiny, why do we need to cut funding to the UN there for the same possibility that there’s bad actor among their ranks?
[deleted]
To be fair, there is video evidence of IDF sniping random women crossing the street
Funny how most media leave out critical context to the UN agency. UNRWA has 30,000 employees in Gaza alone, the largest employer by far. It’s as if we found out a handful of Walmart employees were terrorists, we wouldn’t blame Walmart. We’d expect Walmart to fire them, involve the authorities, and do better vetting. Which it seems like UNRWA is doing
So far hard evidence was provided against one person.
What about the rest of the 10-11 people accused?
Just one example doesn’t mean that all 12,000 UNRWA employees are Hamas.
Furthermore, Israel background checks and approves all UNRWA employees. Why is that not mentioned? No one gets hired without Israeli approval.
Lol I’ve been told over and over again that Israel had no proof of this.
[removed]
Is anyone surprised at any of this?
Can someone help me understand what this proves? I feel like it leads to more questions than answers. Why are they taking a body and how would that serve hamas? Why not take the other bodies? Is there more to this that proves this guy is linked to hamas? Sure he could have been taking the body to claim as a hostage (whether the soldier was dead or still alive. Could he also have recognized the body and/or taken it for a different reason? I think I’m missing something.
Alexei navalny death: president Biden blames Vladimir Putin|BBc news
https://cashifylink.com/krjh