Following the killing of two police officers in the Rhineland-Palatinate district of Kusel, police in Sulzbach have arrested two men. One of them had previously been the subject of a public manhunt. The two victims were also from the Saarland.
After the fatal shootings of a 24-year-old police trainee and a 29-year-old police officer near Kusel early Monday morning, the police in Sulzbach arrested a 38-year-old man. The man had previously been publicly sought. Also temporarily arrested was a 32-year-old man, who is currently being investigated to determine whether he is connected with the crime.
The seizure in Sulzbach took place around 17.04 o’clock on Monday afternoon. Special forces of the Saarland police had previously located two residential properties and a vehicle where they suspected the wanted Andreas S..
At its car the man could be finally overpowered and arrested. Further details are not yet known, not even whether the man had weapons with him when he was arrested.
The 38-year-old has not yet commented on the charges, the police said. He is to be brought before a magistrate on Tuesday.
ID CARD SEIZED AT THE SCENE
The alleged perpetrator is said to be a businessman who had to file for bankruptcy a few months earlier. He was hunter and so apparently legally in the possession of weapons, besides he had apparently operated a game trade.
The investigators were able to track him down relatively quickly. During the police check on the county road near Ulmet in Rhineland-Palatinate, he apparently had to show his identity card, which the forensics team was later able to seize at the scene of the crime, according to SR information.
One of the two victims came from the district of St. Wendel, announced District Administrator Udo Recktenwald. The second victim also came from the Saarland, wrote Saar Minister President Tobias Hans on Twitter.
PUBLIC PROSECUTOR’S OFFICE AND POLICE ASK FOR ASSISTANCE
The manhunt for possible accomplices continues, according to police. Anyone who can provide further information is asked to contact the criminal investigation department at 0631 369-2528.
Witnesses who have noticed anything suspicious in the Saarland are asked to contact the Saarland State Police Headquarters at 0681/962-9201, -9204 or -9207.
3 comments
Following the killing of two police officers in the Rhineland-Palatinate district of Kusel, police in Sulzbach have arrested two men. One of them had previously been the subject of a public manhunt. The two victims were also from the Saarland.
After the fatal shootings of a 24-year-old police trainee and a 29-year-old police officer near Kusel early Monday morning, the police in Sulzbach arrested a 38-year-old man. The man had previously been publicly sought. Also temporarily arrested was a 32-year-old man, who is currently being investigated to determine whether he is connected with the crime.
The seizure in Sulzbach took place around 17.04 o’clock on Monday afternoon. Special forces of the Saarland police had previously located two residential properties and a vehicle where they suspected the wanted Andreas S..
At its car the man could be finally overpowered and arrested. Further details are not yet known, not even whether the man had weapons with him when he was arrested.
The 38-year-old has not yet commented on the charges, the police said. He is to be brought before a magistrate on Tuesday.
ID CARD SEIZED AT THE SCENE
The alleged perpetrator is said to be a businessman who had to file for bankruptcy a few months earlier. He was hunter and so apparently legally in the possession of weapons, besides he had apparently operated a game trade.
The investigators were able to track him down relatively quickly. During the police check on the county road near Ulmet in Rhineland-Palatinate, he apparently had to show his identity card, which the forensics team was later able to seize at the scene of the crime, according to SR information.
One of the two victims came from the district of St. Wendel, announced District Administrator Udo Recktenwald. The second victim also came from the Saarland, wrote Saar Minister President Tobias Hans on Twitter.
PUBLIC PROSECUTOR’S OFFICE AND POLICE ASK FOR ASSISTANCE
The manhunt for possible accomplices continues, according to police. Anyone who can provide further information is asked to contact the criminal investigation department at 0631 369-2528.
Witnesses who have noticed anything suspicious in the Saarland are asked to contact the Saarland State Police Headquarters at 0681/962-9201, -9204 or -9207.
Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator
Dumb motherfucker left an ID at the scene.
He even was married and had 4 kids.