Germany’s E.ON rejects halting Nord Stream 1 pipeline – paper

2 comments
  1. >BERLIN, Feb 28 (Reuters) – E.ON (EONGn.DE), Europe’s largest operator of energy networks, rejected demands to shut down the Nord Stream 1 gas pipeline as part of sanctions against Russia for invading Ukraine, the company told Rheinische Post newspaper on Monday.

    >After the German government put the Nord Stream 2 pipeline on hold last week, Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki on Saturday called for shutting down Nord Stream 1, which has transferred Russian gas to Germany since 2011.

    >Nord Stream is a joint venture of Russia’s Gazprom , Germany’s oil and gas producer Wintershall DEA, PEG Infrastruktur E.ON , Dutch Gasunie (GSUNI.UL) and French Engie .

    >E.ON, which holds a 15.5% stake in Nord Stream 1, said the project was “completely different from the ongoing discussions about the Nord Stream 2 line”.

    >”Nord Stream 1 is a permitted and fully operational gas import pipeline,” a spokesperson for the company told the paper, adding that the line’s capacity was fully utilized in the past two years.

Leave a Reply