This was just before he was apprehended at Skeikampen on Friday September 13th. VG contacted the friend who had no comment.
VG have previously written about other attempts at evidence wiping, with the police supposedly discovering an attempt at a mass remote wiping when they got access to his iCloud. In total, the police have seized 3 phones, (the first was a destroyed one Høiby handed in ahead of his tipped arrest, the second when Høiby first got arrested, and the third during the police raid at Skeikampen), and, according to new VG sources, at least 2 Macbooks.
Police attorney Andreas Kruszewski tells VG that the cases is nearing an end, with no further comments.
VG is also told that the police have also brought in Høiby's social media accounts, including taking over his TikTok account, and gathering the content from his Snapchat, Instagram, Google account, various cloud storages, and his search history.
Also, and I'm tacking this on as a little addendum because I had already got most of these details translated when this update came in, and there's a one post per day policy, so two birds and one stone, but there's now another update to the case, possibly after an article from yesterday about an incident at the Royal Ship in 2020, when Høiby had an outburst over Juliane Snekkestad (then girlfriend, now ex accusing him of abuse in close relations) saying she had a sore hand.
It's an update to a paywalled article to Aftenposten yesterday, one they refer to at the start, claiming that after they broke up in 2022, Juliane Snekkestad's mother warned Crown Prince Haakon about supposed violence in their relationship, something that went nowhere.
Snekkestad's lawyer, Petter J. Grødem, now confirms this to be the case to VG, stating that their discussion was about financial agreements, and how Snekkestad felt during the relationship. He also confirms she offered to send documentation about the alleged abuse, but wouldn't comment on if she sent it, but says text messages and photos about this was sent to the police for the investigation.
Aftenposten also claims ex Nora Haukland contacted Høiby's mother, the Crown Princess herself, Mette-Marit, about repairing damages in her apartment. Her (prolific go-to) lawyer John Christian Elden didn't want to comment, nor did Høiby's lawyer for this article.
Posted by Comic_Book_Reader
1 comment
Has there been any indication when this will go to trial? I know nothing about the Norwegian justice system.
Comments are closed.