On the same day that wife Meghan Markle launched her new podcast Confessions of a Female Founder, Prince Harry was in court in the U.K., where he is arguing that he was “singled out for different, unjustified, and inferior treatment” when his security was downgraded after leaving his role as a working member of the royal family.

Meghan and their kids Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet remained in the U.S. as Harry traveled back to his home country to further argue that the Royal and VIP Executive Committee—known as RAVEC—was unjustified in lessening his security after he and Meghan stepped back from royal life and relocated to Meghan’s home state of California, per the BBC. Harry continues to argue that he needs state protection for not only himself but also Meghan, Archie, and Lilibet while in the U.K. Protection is given at the discretion of RAVEC, which assesses risks posed towards members of the royal family on a scale based on intelligence from security services, the police, and the government, according to The Telegraph.

Prince Harry on April 8, 2025.

Getty

The hearing is expected to last two days and be the last appeal of Harry’s bid to win state-backed security again for himself and his family, The Telegraph reported. Harry arrived at court on April 8 as one reporter shouted, “Did you speak to your Dad?” This refers, of course, to King Charles, who is currently in Italy on a state visit with wife Queen Camilla; that said, Harry is thought to have arrived in the U.K. over the weekend, and Charles and Camilla’s royal tour didn’t kick off until Monday. Charles and Harry are not thought to have seen each other on Harry’s most recent visit. Prior to this trip to the U.K., the Duke of Sussex was most recently in country last September for the WellChild Awards, an organization he supports.

Though Hello! reported that it was “not possible” for Charles and Harry to meet up this time, royal biographer Ingrid Seward told the outlet, “If they don’t see each other, it’s a shame because I think that the King will be very concerned for his son about Sentebale,” referring to the charity that Harry co-founded in 2006 in memory of his mother, Princess Diana, and last month stepped down from as patron after a rift with the organization’s chair.

King Charles and Prince Harry on April 4, 2019.

Getty

Prince Harry and King Charles on September 14, 2022.

Getty

“King Charles might have a few words of wisdom for Harry over that,” Seward said. “If there was ever an appropriate moment, it would be an appropriate moment.”

Of the possibility of reconciliation between father and son, “I don’t think it’s his father he’s fallen out with. I think his father’s annoyed with him and disappointed with him, but the fallout is really with [Prince] William. Charles just doesn’t like any kind of moral confrontation, like his mother, the Queen [Elizabeth], and I would have thought he’s just sort of keeping in the background of the whole thing, but I don’t think he’s had a screaming row with Harry.”

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry.

Of visiting the U.K., Harry said last July in ITV’s documentary Tabloids on Trial, “It’s still dangerous, and all it takes is one lone actor, one person who reads this stuff to act on what they have read.”

He added that “These are things that are of genuine concern for me” and said, “It’s one of the reasons why I won’t bring my wife back to this country.”

A final decision on this case will be shared at a later date.