Rylan Clark halted filming of This Morning on Wednesday to share his thoughts on people entering the UK illegallyJosie Gibson and Rylan Clark on This MorningThe TV presenter insisted “you can be pro immigration and against illegal routes”(Image: ITV)

This Morning host Rylan Clark has released a statement on Instagram after he paused the programme on Wednesday August 27 to deliver a frank declaration about his stance on illegal immigration.

The former X-Factor contestant confessed he finds it “absolutely insane” that individuals cross to England on small boats only to be met with what appears to be endless privileges, including iPads.

After widespread online discussion regarding his comments, Rylan chose to clarify his position. Writing online, he said: “You can be pro immigration and against illegal routes.

“You can support trans people and have the utmost respect for women. You can be heterosexual and still support gay rights. The list continues.

“Stop with this ‘putting everyone in a box’ exercise and maybe have conversations instead of shouting on Twitter,” he posted, reports the Express.

Close up of Rylan Clark speaking animatedly and looking frustratedRylan Clark has issued a statement following remarks he made on This Morning(Image: ITV)

His message prompted varied responses from followers, who flocked to the comments section to express their opinions.

One supporter commented: “Well said Rylan, you was brilliant today on This Morning you spoke how we all are thinking and concerned about the numbers arriving illegally here in the UK.

“Mostly agreeable but its not illegal to come here to seek asylum whether its in a small boat or not,” another highlighted.

A third added: “I knew you’d get a backlash after today’s ‘This Morning’ but well done.”

A fourth person chimed in: “Don’t explain yourself, mate. We’ve all had enough. Thank you for being brave enough (can’t believe you even have to be labelled brave to talk about such an issue) to say it live on daytime TV. We’ve had enough.”

Keir Starmer talking at a political meetingHe criticised Keir Starmer’s immigration policies on the show(Image: Getty)

However, a fifth was not impressed by his statement, penning: “That’s all fine, but that doesn’t excuse you going off on an ignorant, nonsensical rant on daytime TV. I will no longer be listening to you on BBC R2, and I’ll be messaging my thoughts to the directors. I urge others to do the same.”

Earlier in the day, speaking on the flagship ITV daytime show, Rylan had stated: “This country is built on immigration. Legal immigration – a lot of the nurses, the doctors that have saved my mum’s life, have come over here from other countries. They’re living a great life, they’re paying into this tax system, they’re helping this country thrive.”

But he criticised the increase in dangerous Channel crossings, adding: “I find it absolutely insane that all these people are risking their lives coming across the Channel.

Rylan Clark attends the 2025 BAFTA Television Awards wearing a black suit and tuxRylan decided to set the record straight online after his comments(Image: Mike Marsland / WireImage)

“And when they get here, it does seem, and I think this is why a lot of Labour voters as well are saying there’s something wrong, it feels like, ‘Welcome, come on in’. That’s the narrative we’re being fed.”

He continued: “Here’s the iPad. Here’s the NHS in reception of your hotel. Here’s three meals a day. Here’s a games room in the hotel. Have a lovely time and welcome.”

He then compared this to the plight of those already residing in Britain who are facing hardships.

“There are people that have lived here all their lives that are struggling,” he vented. “They’re homeless. Let’s not even discuss our homeless. There are people living on the streets, veterans, all of this.”

Join the Daily Record WhatsApp community!

Get the latest news sent straight to your messages by joining our WhatsApp community today.

You’ll receive daily updates on breaking news as well as the top headlines across Scotland.

No one will be able to see who is signed up and no one can send messages except the Daily Record team.

All you have to do is click here if you’re on mobile, select ‘Join Community’ and you’re in!

If you’re on a desktop, simply scan the QR code above with your phone and click ‘Join Community’.

We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don’t like our community, you can check out any time you like.

To leave our community click on the name at the top of your screen and choose ‘exit group’.

If you’re curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.

He emphasised that he wasn’t merely “getting on a soapbox”, but expressed that frustration is growing due to the polarising nature of the debate.

“Let me be honest, everyone’s going to have an opinion about this and you’re going to upset someone,” he said.

Rylan’s comments come amidst escalating tensions over the Government’s management of asylum accommodation following a court ruling that obstructed plans to utilise certain sites. At least 10 councils are gearing up to contest relocation schemes, while ministers maintain that hotels will be phased out by the end of the Parliament.