Durham Police insists it is not investigating Keir Starmer over lockdown breach claims

7 comments
  1. *By* Jane Hall. 29 APR 2022

    >Durham Police’s statement said: “Earlier this year, Durham Constabulary undertook a review of video footage recorded in Durham on April 30, 2021. We stated that we did not believe an offence has been established in relation to the legislation and guidance in place at the time the footage was taken and would therefore take no further action in relation to the matter.
    >
    >“We have since received a number of further communications relating to this matter and will now consider the contents of those communications and respond in due course. For clarity, Durham Constabulary is not currently investigating this incident.”
    >
    >Durham’s Labour Police and Crime Commissioner wanted to leave the matter to the force. Joy Allen said: “This is an operational matter and as such I have left the force to deal with the investigation as it is their job and I do not, and will not, interfere.”

    >Durham Police has confirmed it is not investigating claims the Labour Party leader Sir Keir Starmer broke lockdown rules on a visit to the area last year.
    >
    >Tory MP Richard Holden had urged the force to reopen its inquiry into a visit Sir Keir made to Durham City in the run-up to April 2021’s Hartlepool by-election where he was videoed drinking a bottle of beer inside.
    >
    >Mr Holden, who represents North West Durham, had urged the force to reconsider in light of the Metropolitan Police’s decision to fine Prime Minister Boris Johnson for attending his birthday bash in Downing Street.
    >
    >In a statement issued by Durham Police it said it had received “a number of further communications”, which it will respond to in due course, but that it was not currently investigating the matter.
    >
    >In February Durham Police said no further action would be taken.

    [Whatever else you are reading on this is just noise](https://www.google.com/search?q=durham+police+starmer&client=firefox-b-d&tbm=nws&source=lnt&tbs=sbd:1&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiEq5D92cX3AhXKPsAKHSdrA7AQpwV6BAgBECE&biw=1315&bih=799&dpr=0.8).

  2. This dead cat is going rotten.

    The fact is that the government don’t want people talking about the MPs being investigated for sexual misconduct.

    (And yes, I know there are some Labour ones too).

  3. >NEW: YouGov have just today re-asked this question – changes from January.
    >
    >Looking back over the lockdown periods, do you think [X] generally did or did not follow lockdown rules?
    >
    >Boris Johnson
    >
    >Did – 21% (+4)
    >
    >Did not – 70% (-3)

    >Keir Starmer
    >
    >Did – 42% (+2)
    >
    >Did not – 28% (-)
    >
    >[May 3, 2022 · 3:15 PM – 🧵](https://nitter.net/JMagosh/status/1521493612508422145#m)

  4. Does anyone know anyone anecdotally who’s mentioned this so called ‘breach’?

    It’s pathetic that the Tories are trying to make this a thing, and in turn, the likes of Hodge, GBeebies and some journalists. How many more times do the Durham police need to say they’re not investigating it?

    This article is a few days out but still, the Tories are pathetic for it.

  5. The Tory mantra appears to be..

    Throw all the shit you can dig up around at everybody else and hopefully some of it will stick and make us look less like the selfish cunts we are.

  6. The fact they have consistently used and reused this failed exploit just goes to show the difference between the two leaders. One you could write a book with the amount of shit he does, while the Tories are ~~struggling~~ failing to come up with anything of substance. It is an abuse of office to question the police this many times with the intent to create a smear campaign.

Leave a Reply