Ukrainian Prime Minister Yulia Svyrydenko said on Friday that Russian forces had carried out seven drone attacks on the country’s railway infrastructure over the past 24 hours as part of an escalating campaign against its rail network.
“Russia is deliberately attacking our logistics routes – this is deliberate terror against people and civilian logistics,” she wrote on Telegram. “Over the past 24 hours, the enemy has carried out 7 drone strikes on railway facilities.”
Follow our coverage of the war on the @Kyivpost_official.
One attack hit the railway infrastructure of the Synelnykove station in the Dnipropetrovsk region, damaging passenger cars, locomotives, rail lines, electrical networks, trains and other facilities such as administrative and production buildings, she outlined.
“For security reasons, Ukrzaliznytsia is forced to maintain traffic restrictions between the Dnipro and Zaporizhzhia,” she said.
“Today, all trains that were supposed to depart from Zaporizhia are departing from the Dnipro. Passengers of evening flights are being transported by bus transfers provided by the Zaporizhzhia OVA.”
The announcement came just days after a Russian attack on a civilian passenger train in the Kharkiv region which killed five people and injured two more.
Three Shahed-type drones struck the train while it was in motion, setting fire to carriages and forcing the evacuation of some 291 passengers on board.
National carrier Ukrzaliznytsia subsequently announced that it would make secret the exact schedules and routes of some intercity trains to make it more difficult for Russian kamikaze drones to attack them.

Other Topics of Interest
After Davos: Ukraine Is Out of Time – Will Europe Step In?
President Zelensky’s Davos address, in which he criticized European complacency, was a last-ditch attempt to mobilize Europe to help Ukraine push the Russians out.
On Friday, it was reported that Russian negotiators had apologized to their Ukrainian counterparts in private after the strike on the passenger train, since it took place during a mutually agreed informal pause on attacks agreed last weekend in Abu Dhabi.
The arrangement was characterized as a “gentleman’s agreement” and Russian negotiators were said to have informed the Ukrainian side that not all branches of the Russian military had been informed about the attack.