California Governor Gavin Newsom, a Democrat, called on the Trump administration to release all its files on Jeffrey Epstein.
“THE TRUMP ADMIN MUST RELEASE ALL THE FILES!” Newsom, a frequent critic of Trump on social media, wrote on X on Friday evening.
Earlier on Friday, the Department of Justice published more than three million documents related to Epstein.
Brendan Rascius31 January 2026 09:15
Some of the files released on Friday include heavy redactions — as did those previously released by the Department of Justice.
For example, one 7-page document is completely blacked out.
Following the publication of the files, a bipartisan group of lawmakers requested a meeting with DOJ officials to discuss the redactions.
Brendan Rascius31 January 2026 08:45
Congressman James Walkinshaw, a Virginia Democrat, accused the Department of Justice of withholding a large share of the Epstein files, following the department’s publication of more than three million documents on Friday.
“Today, the Trump DOJ released 50% of the Epstein files, and are refusing to release the remainder,” Walkinshaw wrote on X on Friday evening. “Why are they hiding the full truth? We’ll keep fighting for the transparency demanded by the survivors of Epstein’s crimes. This cover-up won’t hold.”
Earlier, Deputy Attorney General Todd Blanche said the massive data dump complies with federal law and “marks the end of a very comprehensive” review process.
Brendan Rascius31 January 2026 08:00
Brendan Rascius31 January 2026 06:19
The DOJ web page displaying the Epstein files now asks users if they are 18 years or older due to possible depictions of pornography or nudity.
“They include large quantities of commercial pornography and images that were seized from Epstein’s devices, but which he did not take, or that someone around him did not take,” Deputy U.S. Attorney General Todd Blanche said Friday.
Mike Bedigan31 January 2026 05:33
Mike Bedigan31 January 2026 04:48

(DOJ)
Mike Bedigan31 January 2026 04:02
Ghislaine Maxwell claimed in court documents that 25 male associates of Jeffrey Epstein made “secret settlements” to avoid prosecution.
The explosive allegation appeared in a December 17 habeas corpus petition submitted by Maxwell’s attorneys seeking to overturn her criminal conviction. The full petition was published online by Courthouse News Service, a news organization that covers litigation.
Brendan Rascius has the full story:
Mike Bedigan31 January 2026 03:18
Mike Bedigan31 January 2026 02:46