
Shejaiya is an area from which the army had previously withdrawn under the ceasefire agreement.
The incident came amid Israel’s daily violations of the ceasefire deal, which entered into force on Oct. 10, 2025.
A medical source told Anadolu that the Palestinian, Faraj Ibrahim Salem, 30, was killed by Israeli fire in the Shejaiya neighborhood east of Gaza City.
Eyewitnesses said that Salem was shot dead in an area located outside the zones of Israeli army deployment and control under the agreement.
Earlier Saturday, Israeli artillery shelled various areas east of Gaza City and east of the town of Jabalia in the northern Gaza Strip, while the army carried out demolition operations east of Khan Younis in the south of the enclave, according to eyewitnesses.
The ceasefire halted an Israeli genocidal war that began in October 2023, killing nearly 72,000 Palestinians and wounding more than 171,000 others, while destroying about 90% of Gaza’s infrastructure.
Read More:
Despite the ceasefire, the Israeli regime’s army has continued to violate it, killing 574 Palestinians and wounding 1,518 others, according to Gaza’s Health Ministry.
Source: Anadolu Agency