A State Police Trooper allegedly involved in the scandal surrounding a 2023 fatal cruiser crash has been placed on restrictive duty, according to state public safety officials.

Trooper Constantino DeGisi was placed on restrictive duty as of March 18 and has been assigned to the Tow Compliance Unit, according to a State Police spokesperson.

DeGisi allegedly went with Sgt. Scott Quigley at a bar and pizzeria called Teresa’s in Woburn hours before Quigley crashed his cruiser into a wheelchair van, injuring an occupant in the van who died a month later in the hospital, the State Police confirmed.

Quigley allegedly had a blood alcohol level of .11 — the legal limit is .08 — during the crash. Since the accusations arose in a wrongful death suit filed by the family of Special Olympian Angelo Schettino earlier this year, the sergeant has been suspended without pay from the State Police and indicted on a motor vehicle homicide charge.

Initially, the Middlesex District Attorney’s Office said that they were unaware of Quigley’s blood alcohol level until the suit from the Schettino family uncovered the sergeant’s medical records from the night of the crash. The office disclosed this in February during the first-degree murder trial of brothers Billy, Billoeum, and Chana Phan, who are accused of killing 20-year-old Tyrone Phet in 2020. Quigley, who was embedded in the DA’s office, was the lead investigator on the case.

The Phan brothers murder trial has since been paused, while several investigations into the crash are completed.

But according to a February disclosure and an independent report that the DA’s office initiated, an operations manager at Middlesex heard about the accusation from State Police Lt. Anthony Delucia, who said that Quigley was allegedly drunk during the crash after drinking with another officer named “Tino.”

The State Police have hired an independent firm to investigate their handling of the crash and are conducting internal affairs investigations into the individuals involved.