>The four schools said the minister’s assertions are not true and that they have been misrepresented.
>Expressing great upset and anger, all four schools have detailed emails and phone calls to and from the Department of Education up to as late as last Thursday.
>One school says its facilitated a site meeting by Department inspectors on Wednesday.
Well, not looking good for the Minister then.
>Ms McNicholas said a room identified by the department last week as suitable to accommodate a special class for this coming September had previously been dismissed by the National Council for Special Education as unsuitable.
The principals also provided emails to RTÉ showing they were in fact engaging with the Dept.
From what I’ve heard on the radio over lunch not only did at least one of the schools engage with the department..they flat out had them come out to do an inspection. The rest have a trail of emails showing they were engaging. This is the department passing the buck and they’ve been caught out rotten.
How the fuck is this situation going on?
She should go back to writing shitty erotic novels, maybe do a collaboration with Alan Shatter.
“The school already has one dedicated special needs class with one teacher and three Special Needs Assistants (SNAs).
Mr Sullivan said however that due to the complex and challenging needs of the students in that class the school had to transfer another special needs teacher away from working with children in mainstream classes and into the special class.”
Current ASD teacher here with a very challenging group. I have never in my life heard of two teachers being allocated to one ASD class. Never..and that’s not even a special school setting. I have a difficult class, and had to fight for another sna… Nevermind another teacher!! Something sounds wrong here or excuses being made. Regardless, what Josepha did was out of order.
Also, we have many classes coming in the future, even though the behaviours are very challenging. No excuses by schools to opt out when it suits them and the rest of us don’t or won’t.
She could be sued for lying like that. At the very least she should have to go in front of a oireachtas committee and face questions on this.
8 comments
>The four schools said the minister’s assertions are not true and that they have been misrepresented.
>Expressing great upset and anger, all four schools have detailed emails and phone calls to and from the Department of Education up to as late as last Thursday.
>One school says its facilitated a site meeting by Department inspectors on Wednesday.
Well, not looking good for the Minister then.
>Ms McNicholas said a room identified by the department last week as suitable to accommodate a special class for this coming September had previously been dismissed by the National Council for Special Education as unsuitable.
The principals also provided emails to RTÉ showing they were in fact engaging with the Dept.
From what I’ve heard on the radio over lunch not only did at least one of the schools engage with the department..they flat out had them come out to do an inspection. The rest have a trail of emails showing they were engaging. This is the department passing the buck and they’ve been caught out rotten.
How the fuck is this situation going on?
She should go back to writing shitty erotic novels, maybe do a collaboration with Alan Shatter.
“The school already has one dedicated special needs class with one teacher and three Special Needs Assistants (SNAs).
Mr Sullivan said however that due to the complex and challenging needs of the students in that class the school had to transfer another special needs teacher away from working with children in mainstream classes and into the special class.”
Current ASD teacher here with a very challenging group. I have never in my life heard of two teachers being allocated to one ASD class. Never..and that’s not even a special school setting. I have a difficult class, and had to fight for another sna… Nevermind another teacher!! Something sounds wrong here or excuses being made. Regardless, what Josepha did was out of order.
Also, we have many classes coming in the future, even though the behaviours are very challenging. No excuses by schools to opt out when it suits them and the rest of us don’t or won’t.
She could be sued for lying like that. At the very least she should have to go in front of a oireachtas committee and face questions on this.
Will she be resigning?