WASHINGTON (Gray DC) – Iran fired ballistic missiles at U.S. troops early Wednesday, derailing prospects for a diplomatic end to the conflict.
President Donald Trump promised retribution for the strike Wednesday.
“They know it’s coming. They’re asking us not to do it, but you know they tried shooting at us last night. So it’s our turn, and we’ll see if we get there with an agreement at some point. But we’re going to hit them very hard,” Trump said while speaking in the Oval Office.
U.S. Central Command said all of the Iranian missiles were intercepted and caused no injuries or material damage.
Military strikes have so far failed to coerce Iran into accepting the President’s terms for a nuclear deal. They have also failed to reopen the Strait of Hormuz.
Copyright 2026 Gray DC. All rights reserved.