Live Updates: Latest from Israel, Iran, and Middle East | The Jerusalem PostExplosions heard in southern Iran • Iran set to receive hundreds of Chinese shoulder-fired missiles • IDF bulldozer struck by Hezbollah drone • Netanyahu says Trump meeting was successfulFollow us on GoogleMilitary equipment targeted at an unknown location, during what US CENTCOM says are strikes on Iran, in this video screengrab released July 20.Military equipment targeted at an unknown location, during what US CENTCOM says are strikes on Iran, in this video screengrab released July 20.(photo credit: CENTCOM/Handout via REUTERS)

July 30, 11:10 AM

New Hamas leader meets with Turkish foreign minister, reaffirm backing – reportThis appears to be the first high-level meeting that Hayya has had since being elected to his new role on July 20. Hamas said Khalil al-Hayya had been elected head of its political bureau.BySETH J. FRANTZMANEnlargeCurrent leader of Hamas, Khalil al-Hayya (R), holds a press conference in Damscus, Syria. Current leader of Hamas, Khalil al-Hayya (R), holds a press conference in Damscus, Syria. (photo credit: LOUAI BESHARA / AFP via Getty Images)Go to the full article > >

July 30, 10:45 AM

Iran hits Chinese-owned building in Kuwait, says Kuwaiti defense ministryByREUTERS

July 30, 10:31 AM

Pakistan working to revive US-Iran talks, FM says – reportByJERUSALEM POST STAFF

July 30, 9:21 AM

IDF kills Hamas sniper commander in southern GazaByJERUSALEM POST STAFF

July 30, 6:04 AM

Netanyahu says Trump is in full control of Iran war, denies influencing strikes after DC meetingNetanyahu denied pressuring Trump to enter or escalate the Iran war, saying the US president is the “senior partner” as the two leaders discussed the Hormuz blockade and further military action. ByRUBY SADIKMANEnlargeU.S. President Donald Trump and U.S. Vice President JD Vance meet Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House in Washington, U.S., February 4, 2025. U.S. President Donald Trump and U.S. Vice President JD Vance meet Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu at the White House in Washington, U.S., February 4, 2025. (photo credit: REUTERS/ELIZABETH FRANTZ/FILE PHOTO)Go to the full article > >

July 30, 6:04 AM

US CENTCOM completes strikes on Iran after explosions heard across country’s southSeveral locations in southern Iran were targeted by US forces, with explosions heard in the cities of Bushehr, Abu Musa, Kish Island, Ahwaz, and Qeshm Island, Iranian state media Press TV reported.ByESTHER DAVISEnlargeA US military aircraft flies at an unknown location, during what U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) says are strikes on Iran, in this screengrab taken from a handout video released on July 20, 2026. A US military aircraft flies at an unknown location, during what U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) says are strikes on Iran, in this screengrab taken from a handout video released on July 20, 2026. (photo credit: CENTCOM/Handout via REUTERS)Go to the full article > >

July 30, 6:04 AM

CENTCOM outlines military assets in use for Strait of Hormuz blockade against IranOn July 29, CENTCOM said, “CENTCOM forces continue to strictly enforce the US blockade against Iran. As of July 29 CENTCOM has redirected 20 commercial vessels, disabled 2, and boarded 2.”BySETH J. FRANTZMANEnlargeBoats navigate the sea on April 28, 2026 on Qeshm Island, Iran in the Strait of Hormuz. Boats navigate the sea on April 28, 2026 on Qeshm Island, Iran in the Strait of Hormuz. (photo credit: Asghar Besharati/Getty Images)Go to the full article > >

July 30, 6:04 AM

US-Saudi Arabia airstrikes target Iran-backed Popular Mobilization Forces militia in IraqThe strikes followed a series of drone and missile attacks on Saudi Arabia. The United States has made clear that it believes Iran-directed militias are responsible for the escalation.BySETH J. FRANTZMANEnlargeA man looks on near damage at a site belonging to Iraq's Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) following airstrikes that the PMF said were carried out by US and Saudi forces, in Bartella, Nineveh province, Iraq, July 29, 2026.A man looks on near damage at a site belonging to Iraq’s Popular Mobilization Forces (PMF) following airstrikes that the PMF said were carried out by US and Saudi forces, in Bartella, Nineveh province, Iraq, July 29, 2026.(photo credit: REUTERS/Khalid Al-Mousily TPX IMAGES OF THE DAY)Go to the full article > >

July 30, 6:04 AM

Saudi Arabia seeking to build coalition to protect Red Sea shipping from Houthi attacksThe composition of the coalition has yet to be finalized and remains under discussion with dozens of countries, the sources said.ByREUTERSEnlargeExplosions take place on the deck of the Greek-flagged oil tanker Sounion on the Red Sea, in this handout picture released August 29, 2024. Explosions take place on the deck of the Greek-flagged oil tanker Sounion on the Red Sea, in this handout picture released August 29, 2024. (photo credit: Houthi Military Media/Handout via REUTERS)Go to the full article > >