Andrew Mountbatten–Windsor reportedly remains on a secret Government list for royals who are due to receive a ceremonial funeral, despite being stripped of his titles and removed from public life. 

Senior Whitehall sources told The Mail on Sunday the former Duke of York remains covered by the Government’s long-term funeral planning arrangements. 

The plans are known as the Government’s “bridge” plans and set out the arrangements for royal funerals years in advance. 

The revelation comes after Andrew was stripped of his HRH style and prince title by King Charles last November following revelations about his association with convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. 

The 66-year-old is now a private citizen. 

Andrew has continuously denied any wrongdoing. 

Despite that, the Government’s arrangements for his death have reportedly not been removed from the list. 

The plans are overseen by the Cabinet Office and remain under constant review. 

They are understood to have been updated over the past year to reflect Andrew’s changed status. 

It is not known exactly what his funeral arrangements would involve. 

Royal experts believe a service could be held at St George’s Chapel at Windsor Castle. 

The 14th-century chapel hosted the funerals of Queen Elizabeth II and Prince Philip. 

It has also been used for major royal occasions, including the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle in 2018. 

Andrew is also expected to be buried at the Royal Burial Ground at Frogmore, a 33-acre private cemetery within Windsor’s Home Park. 

Andrew’s funeral is not expected to be required for many years, with the former royal understood to be in good health. 

US lawyer Gloria Allred, who has represented 27 victims of Epstein, questioned the message such an event would send,” she said. 

“Andrew has brought disgrace upon the Royal Family and the UK as a result of his involvement with Jeffrey Epstein. 

“Under these circumstances, the question arises as to why this man should be afforded the honour of a royal funeral.  

“What kind of message would such a ceremony send to Epstein’s victims?” 

Tory shadow Home Office minister Alicia Kearns also called for the arrangements to be abandoned. 

“There are no circumstances under which Andrew should be afforded a royal funeral,” she said. 

“He should live out his days far from public life, and the police and CPS should ensure their investigations into him are robust and don’t drag on.  

“All such plans should be revoked immediately.” 

The Government’s “bridge” plans have previously been used for the deaths of senior royals. 

Queen Elizabeth’s funeral was organised under Operation London Bridge, while Prince Philip’s arrangements were known as Operation Forth Bridge. 

The arrangements for Andrew would also have to account for his former military service. 

Andrew served in the Royal Navy and was a Sea King helicopter co-pilot during the Falklands War. 

He later held several honorary military positions before losing his military titles following the Epstein scandal.