France will assist Montenegro, victim of a cyber attack

2 comments
  1. France will provide cybersecurity expertise to government institutions in Montenegro, at the request of the Nato member country, which has been hit by a major computer attack on government institutions.
    This is the second cyber attack in a week in Montenegro, in the wake of a no-confidence vote that toppled its government on August 19. Some Montenegrin officials see the hand of Russia, although the Prime Minister remains cautious about the origin of this act.
    The computer systems of several institutions have been “infected”, including that of the Ministry of Finance, revealed Saturday the head of government, Dritan Abazovic at a press conference.
    Analysis and advice capacity
    “The French government responds positively to the request of the authorities of Montenegro and provides the National Agency for Information Systems Security (ANSSI) to ensure a mission of support and assistance in the detection, analysis and remediation of cybersecurity,” said this Saturday the Minister Delegate in charge of Digital Transition and Telecommunications, Jean-Noel Barrot and Foreign Minister Catherine Colonna.
    “The ANSSI will bring its analysis and advisory capacity, its expertise and its know-how to Montenegrins to understand the situation and start the first immediate remediation measures,” they said.
    They stressed that this mission was “in line with the project to create a regional cyber capability development center, supported by France and Slovenia, which will be based in Montenegro.
    They also said that “at the end of 2021, France had 45,000 experts in cybersecurity, 50% more than in 2018,” recalling that faced with the resurgence of cyberattacks, “140 million euros are dedicated to the training of new experts in cybersecurity,” as part of the France 2030 plan launched by President Emmanuel Macron last year.
    Translated with http://www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Leave a Reply