A Nigerian migrant has appeared in court accused of sexually assaulting two women when he was staying in a migrant hotel in London

Olusola Kamson, 31, allegedly groped two women on two separate occasions in Islington, north London, on August 7 and August 12 this year.

The defendant, who had been staying at the Thistle City Barbican hotel, appeared at Highbury Magistrates’ Court wearing a grey prison tracksuit and flanked by three prison guards.

Avnita Bhudia, defending, said: ‘I have spoken to the doctor, and Mr Kamson was seen by the mental health team in court, assessed under the Mental Health Act.

‘Unfortunately, the mental health team have left the court building today, and there is insufficient information as to where Mr Kamson could be taken if he is sent to hospital. He will have to be sectioned and sent to a hospital at a later date.’

Kamson interrupted and shouted: ‘What about an A&E department? I have never signed anything with her. I don’t know who she is.’

Magistrate Gerry Teague had told Kamson: ‘Please stand up. We do not have enough information to deal with your case.’

Kamson interrupted, and shouted: ‘Can I talk to my embassy please? I don’t know who she my lawyer is.’ He then squared up to Magistrate Teague, by putting his head on the glass panel. 

A Nigerian migrant has appeared in court accused of sexually assaulting two women when he was staying in the Thistle City Barbican hotel (pictured) in London

A Nigerian migrant has appeared in court accused of sexually assaulting two women when he was staying in the Thistle City Barbican hotel (pictured) in London

He appeared at Highbury Magistrates' Court (pictured) wearing a grey prison tracksuit and flanked by three prison guards

He appeared at Highbury Magistrates’ Court (pictured) wearing a grey prison tracksuit and flanked by three prison guards

He then shouted: ‘Give me an opportunity to speak. I have never seen the lawyer in my life. Why is she representing me?’

As he was led to the cells, Kamson shouted: ‘Just watch.’

Kamson appeared at Highbury Magistrates’ Court again on Tuesday for a plea hearing, but his case was adjourned again, and no pleas were entered.

He will next appear at Highbury Magistrates’ Court on September 9, 2025 for a plea hearing.

Share or comment on this article:
Nigerian migrant, 31, squares up to judge as he appears in court accused of groping two women while staying in taxpayer-funded hotel