Co-trainer Trent Busuttin says “it’s all systems go” for JJ Atkins favourite Blind Raise to head to Brisbane after the unbeaten youngster won a right-handed jumpout at Cranbourne on Monday.
Blind Raise is the $4.50 favourite in early betting on next month’s Group 1 JJ Atkins (1600m) after impressing with soft wins over 1400m at Sandown and Flemington at his only two runs to date.
Busuttin and co-trainer Natalie Young will give the son of Ace High his first test in Queensland in Saturday week’s Group 2 BRC Sires’ Produce Stakes (1400m).
• PUNT LIKE A PRO: Become a Racenet iQ member and get expert tips – with fully transparent return on investment statistics – from Racenet’s team of professional punters at our Pro Tips section. SUBSCRIBE NOW!
Craig Williams rode Blind Raise in his reverse-way jumpout in which the gelding defeated three rivals in difficult heavy conditions at the Cranbourne Training Complex.
Busuttin said Blind Raise would be on a flight to Brisbane on Tuesday, which would give him ample time to settle into the warmer climate before his first northern assignment.
“It’s the only flight going up so we’ll just get him up there and get some sun on him,” Busuttin said.
“If there was a plane going up the Tuesday before the race, he’d be on that, but the flight is 10 hours instead of being a 30-hour float trip.”
• Richard Callander: Booooo – Waller’s the toast of the town
Blind Raise will go into the BRC Sires’ Produce Stakes a month after his dominant win in the Listed Anzac Day Stakes at Flemington.
Busuttin said two-year-old was an unflappable character that had thrived since his latest success.
“He’s a very unassuming horse. He’s very quiet natured,” Busuttin said.
“He eats, sleeps and works.
“He galloped really well last Tuesday.
“He worked up with the horse that won at Pakenham, Obambulate, who is a reasonable level.
“We couldn’t be happier with him.”
• ‘He’s airborne’: Half Yours primed for Pride Of Jenni rematch
The BRC Sires’s Produce Stakes has been a tough race for Victorian-trained horses with the Peter Moody-trained Masked Assassin the last winner from the southern state in 2007.
Meanwhile, Busuttin said returning sprinter Prince Tycoon would not head to Brisbane despite his first-up win at Bendigo.
Prince Tycoon ran second in a $1 million race at the Gold Coast at only his second start last year but the son of Written Tycoon went winless during the spring carnival.
The three-year-old bounced back with a first-up win over 1100m earlier this month but Busuttin said the son of Written Tycoon would remain in Melbourne.
“There are some three-year-old races at Flemington that are worth $150,000 at the end of the month for him,” Busuttin said.
“We just want him to get some confidence back.
“There’s no need for him to go up to Brisbane yet.”
Originally published as Trainer confirms ‘all systems go’ for Blind Raise’s Group 1 JJ Atkins campaign in Brisbane
Read related topics:Brisbane