Commuters using V/Line services on the Geelong line are being warned of more potential service cancellations today after passengers were left stranded for hours on Wednesday.
Some commuters reported having to wait three hours to get on replacement buses after a fault caused service cancellations yesterday.
Passengers were told buses would replace trains between Wyndham Vale and Waurn Ponds and to expect a travel time of 90 minutes.

Some passengers reported waiting for three hours for a replacement bus service on Wednesday. (X: DarbyTravers22)
But Geelong resident Robert Watkins said he waited for hours at Wyndham Vale station for a replacement bus.
“The line of people was about five to six wide, and it expanded from where the bus stop was to as far as I could see to the station concourse itself — the undercover area,” he said.
“So, I’d estimate that it would have been in the thousands of people. Would have been definitely beyond that.”
A V/Line spokesperson said there would be more disruptions today on the Geelong line.
“The fault has been rectified; however, a number of morning services will be impacted as a result of trains being out of position,” the spokesperson said.
“Services may be cancelled, run with reduced carriages or replaced by coaches for part of the journey.”
Services were cancelled between Wyndham Vale and Waurn Ponds due to an equipment fault. (Facebook: Jūn Háo Bái)
V/Line said buses were on stand-by at key locations and passengers had been advised to allow extra time for their journeys.
The service disruptions follow complaints about the timing of replacement services on the Geelong and Warrnambool lines during maintenance work this month.
The maintenance work coincided with the government’s free public transport scheme, leading to overcrowding on services.
Earlier this month, it was announced that replacement services on the Warrnambool and Colac lines would continue until May 20.
Some commuters reported frustration that the earliest replacement service did not reach Melbourne until 10am.

V/Line services leaving Southern Cross have been packed during the free public transport period. (ABC News: James Oaten)
The Public Transport Users Association said scheduled line maintenance was an “unavoidable necessity” but the lack of early replacement services was unacceptable.
The state government has extended the period of free public transport until the end of May.
It also announced the 2026/27 budget would include funding for more V/Line services on the Shepparton line, as well as the Belgrave, Lilydale, Glen Waverley, Alamein, Mernda and Hurstbridge lines in Melbourne.
But the full rollout may not be operational until next year.