A Sydney mother who vanished from the city’s east two months ago was taken to a tribunal by her landlord seeking to rent out her unit and a potential break lease fee.
Katie Walker, 46, was last seen walking in high-heel boots on Alexander St, Tamarama on May 23, with family reporting her missing nine days later.
The mother-of-two was wrongly identified as a Married At First Sight producer in early reports on her disappearance, prompting a podcast into her case by Joshua Fox – the man behind MAFS Funny.
Mr Fox has reported Ms Walker’s family refuse to believe she took her own life, adding she had recently shared details of strange encounters with a man in both Dubai and Sydney.
The Daily Mail reported on Sunday that Ms Walker’s landlord had launched action in the NSW Civil and Administrative Tribunal (NCAT) to have the lease terminated.
Ms Walker began renting out a Darling Point unit in March and could have owed almost $4000 if a break lease fee was imposed, but the NCAT member refused that.
The NCAT heard Ms Walker’s father had travelled to Sydney from the UK to clear out her apartment and told the real estate agency she had gone missing.
He had also paid rent up to June 23, returned the keys to the agency and offered to pay for it to be professionally cleaned.
“There’s no break lease fee – she didn’t break the lease, she’s gone missing,” the tribunal member said.
“I’m not prepared to make that order for a tenant who’s been missing for six weeks and the landlord has possession.”
Last week Mr Fox reported a conversation he had with one of the missing mum’s friends, who claimed a man had tricked his way into Ms Walker’s hotel room in Dubai while she visited for business.
“One night a man broke into her hotel room by lying to concierges telling them he was her husband,” he said.
The friend, Elizabeth, said Ms Walker had told her she felt “unsafe … I’m sleeping and these guys come in” but that nothing had occurred.
“What’s even crazier is that two months later, Katie bumped into that man in Sydney,” Mr Fox said.
NSW Police released a media statement on June 4 calling for any information about the whereabouts of the woman known to frequent the eastern suburbs.
A second appeal was made on June 11, which corrected the last known location to Double Bay after initially being reported as Bondi Beach.
“Katie Walker, aged 46, was last spoken to by phone on Friday 22 May 2026,” the latest appeal stated.
“When she was unable to be located officers attached to Eastern Suburbs Police Area Command were notified and commenced inquiries into her whereabouts.
“Police and her family hold concerns for her welfare.
“Following inquiries, police believe Katie’s last known movements were at Double Bay on Saturday 23 May 2026.
“Katie is described as being of Caucasian appearance, about 160cm tall, of thin build with brown eyes and brown long hair.
“She was last observed wearing a black jacket, jeans, high heels, and carrying a small red handbag and a black bag.
“She has a small black butterfly tattoo on her right hand, and tattoos on her left upper arm.
“Katie is believed to frequent the Double Bay, Bondi Junction and Bondi Beach Areas.”
Anyone with information should contact Crime Stoppers.
Read related topics:Sydney