A man in his 20s has been killed in a tragic workplace incident in the Adelaide Hills.
Emergency services were called to an address in Charleston, about 40km east of Adelaide, on Wednesday morning following a workplace incident.
Precise details of what happened are yet to be confirmed, other than that the victim was a 26-year-old man.
“Police are preparing a report for the coroner following a workplace death at Charleston,” an SAPOL spokesman said in a statement.
“Sadly, the 26-year-old man from the southern suburbs was found deceased at the worksite this morning.
“Safe Work SA has been notified and is investigating.”
The incident happened at about 6.20am, at a property in the small town which sits between Woodville and Mount Torrens.
Police attended the scene along with investigators from Safe Work SA and the South Australia County Fire Service – although the latter was stood down on arrival.
A spokeswoman for Adelaide Hills Council said the authority had been informed of the incident.
“Council is aware of a fatal workplace incident in the Charleston area that is currently being attended by SAPOL, CFS and Safe Work SA,” an Adelaide Hills Council statement reads.
“Council is working with emergency services to provide information and support.
“Our thoughts are with the family, first responders and staff impacted.”
Read related topics:Adelaide