An elderly One Nation staffer has been attacked by multiple people at Brisbane’s Ekka in a brutal assault that landed her in hospital with a broken rib.

“There were three females and one male involved in the attack,” a One Nation spokesperson told news.com.au about Thursday’s alleged attack at Brisbane Showgrounds.

“It was the male who reportedly grabbed her and swung her around and punched her,” the spokesperson claimed, alleging a woman also spat on the staffer.

The spokesperson said the victim, who was wearing One Nation-branded clothing at the time and was running a stand at the agricultural show, was a grandmother aged in her 60s.

She sustained a broken rib in the alleged attack and was hospitalised.

“We’re completely appalled,” the spokesperson said.

“The staff member has been with us for a long time. She’s good natured.

“No one warrants being assaulted just because of who they work for, the political party that they support. It’s got our whole staff very rattled.”

One Nation MP Barnaby Joyce also spoke out about the attack on Monday.

“She (the victim) was wearing a One Nation T-shirt… She was spat at, punched, they broke a rib,” Mr Joyce told 2GB’s Ben Fordham.

“This is the wondrous, enlightened people like you saw at those demonstrations the other day. The peace-loving people.

“The reason they do that is they absolutely hate One Nation; they had chants the other day that they wanted to murder Pauline Hanson.”

Thousands of student protesters hurled insults at Ms Hanson, calling her a “racist b*tch” and saying she should “go to hell” in a barrage of deafening chants at protests held across the country last week.

In Sydney, more than 1000 protesters gathered in the CBD for a rally organised by the National Union of Students, carrying anti-Hanson placards and chanting slogans including “The students united will never be defeated”.

The One Nation spokesperson said some of the protesters had made threats of violence.

“We’ve seen some threats to kill people or harm people at those protests. Two female candidates that we had lined up to run in the Victorian state election have pulled out because of safety concerns; they don’t want their lives being threatened or at risk.

“This is Australia. We don’t resolve political differences with violence, that’s not what happens in this country.”

“Police are aware of an altercation at Brisbane Showgrounds, Bowen Hills on 14 August,” a Queensland Police Service spokesperson told news.com.au.

“No formal complaints have been made to police at this stage.”

Read related topics:BrisbanePauline Hanson