Three fast-food outlets, including a drive-through Nando’s, could be on their way to Darch as part of a new commercial precinct.

Two other drive-through fast-food outlets are also being proposed alongside a BWS liquor store, gym, medical centre and self-storage facility.

Valued at $12 million, the development would occupy a 14,719sqm site along Furniss Road, near Mirrabooka Avenue.

Across the road from the proposed development site to the north is the Landsdale and Wangara industrial area, while vacant land lies to the south and residential housing to the east and west.

The application has been put forward by Furniss Link Pty Ltd, with Planning Solutions acting as its planning consultant.

In its application, Planning Solutions said the development had been designed to deliver a “high-quality commercial outcome” that integrated with the surrounding area.

“The subject site is ideal for commercial development, acting as a buffer between the residential and industrial land uses,” they said.

“The proposed development will support increased commercial and retail service activity to both the established and future development within the locality.”

A $12 million development featuring three drive-through fast-food outlets, a bottle shop and gym has been proposed for Darch.Camera IconA $12 million development featuring three drive-through fast-food outlets, a bottle shop and gym has been proposed for Darch. Credit: SuppliedA $12 million development featuring three drive-through fast-food outlets, a bottle shop and gym has been proposed for Darch. Camera IconA $12 million development featuring three drive-through fast-food outlets, a bottle shop and gym has been proposed for Darch. Credit: Supplied

Motorists would access the development via five crossovers to Furniss Road, with 120 car parking bays proposed across the site.

A traffic impact assessment included in the application estimated the development would generate about 3904 vehicle trips on a typical weekday, but found the additional traffic would have no significant impact on the surrounding road network.

However, it warned congestion in the area was expected to increase by 2037 with or without the development.

“The analysis shows that the additional traffic generated by the proposed development will have a minimal impact, resulting in only slight increases in queue lengths and delays, while overall levels of service will remain unchanged,” it stated.

“Looking further ahead to 2037, regardless of the development, the intersection is expected to experience increased congestion during the PM peak period due to background traffic growth on Mirrabooka Avenue and therefore, some level of upgrades in the form of roundabout or traffic lights may be necessary in the long term at the intersection, regardless of the proposed development.”

A $12 million development featuring three drive-through fast-food outlets, a bottle shop and gym has been proposed for Darch. Camera IconA $12 million development featuring three drive-through fast-food outlets, a bottle shop and gym has been proposed for Darch. Credit: Supplied

The precinct’s 685sqm medical centre would include a pharmacy, but according to the developers, it would operate only during the centre’s opening hours and would not function as a standalone store.

Plans also include the planting of 76 trees.

If approved and built, the Darch Nando’s would become just the second drive-through Nando’s in Perth’s northern suburbs, with the only other located in Tuart Hill.

Another had been proposed for Alkimos, but those plans have since been scrapped in favour of plans to build a Harvey Norman store.

Public consultation on the plans is currently open through the City of Wanneroo’s your say website until August 27.

A final decision on the application will be made by the Metro Outer Development Assessment Panel.