Three teenage boys, including two students from St Gregory’s College, have been charged following the alleged sexual assault of a 17-year-old girl in Sydney’s southwest over the weekend.
Police were called on Sunday after receiving a report that the girl had been allegedly assaulted at a home in the Macarthur region the previous day.
Detectives raided several homes in the area on Wednesday, arresting three 17-year-old boys and seizing electronic devices.
One of the youths has been charged with 11 offences, including aggravated sexual assault – offender in company with other/s (six counts), sexual intercourse without consent (three counts), sexually touching another person without consent, and carrying out a sexual act with another without consent.
Another youth has been charged with eight offences, including aggravated sexual assault – offender in company with other/s (six counts), common assault, and sexual intercourse without consent.
The third youth has been charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault – offender in company with other/s.
In a statement released on Thursday, St Gregory’s College Principal Matthew Brennan confirmed two of the accused attend the school, describing the allegations as “abhorrent”.
“The College has been informed by the NSW Police Force that two of our students are expected to face court today charged in relation to an alleged sexual assault,” Mr Brennan said.
“Sexual violence has no place in our community, and the College stands with all victims of sexual violence. It is abhorrent what is alleged by Police and is the antithesis of what we stand for and the values that we embrace.”
“These are very serious of allegations and the judicial process must now be allowed to take its course free of any commentary,” he said.
“We ask everyone to avoid speculation or sharing of information that could impact the parties involved or the independent process now underway.”
He added that the college “has and will continue to co-operate fully with the police” and directed students or families needing support to contact the school’s counselling team or external services such as 1800 RESPECT.
The boys have all been refused bail to appear before a children’s court today.