The woman who alleges she was sexually assaulted while performing for members of the Sydney Swans on Monday morning told the Herald Sun on Thursday, “All I care about is justice.”
“I don’t want money,” she said.
“I’m going to stand up for what is right. And I’m never going to let this happen to anyone else. Justice will be served.
“I care about women’s rights and what’s right, because this happens too often to women and they get away with it.”
The woman’s statement to the Herald Sun also alleges there were more men in the room for the performance than the club had previously said.
She said there were “nine men” in the room.
The club has stood down five players for letting down club standards in the Pullman hotel on Monday: Isaac Heeney, Riley Bice, Nick Blakey, James Jordon and Chad Warner.
The players had allegedly hired the woman and another exotic dancer to perform lap dances.
The woman has also claimed the men did not identify themselves as AFL players, leading her and another dancer to accept a lower fee for their services.
“We did the show for less money than normal because we thought they were carpenters,” she said.
“They told us they were carpenters.”
Victoria Police has confirmed no one has been arrested or formally interviewed in relation to the alleged incident.
News24.com.au is not suggesting any wrongdoing by the players questioned or that they are under investigation.