Former Sydney Swans star Taylor Adams reportedly joined the five players who have been stood down at the Pullman hotel.
Adams, who retired early this year, allegedly visited the hotel room, according to The Age.
He was joined by another unnamed individual, but it is not known if either were present when the alleged sexual assault took place.
Adams played alongside the players involved for the Swans, joining the club in 2024 following a nine-year spell at Collingwood, where injury caused him to miss out on the 2023 premiership.
He announced his retirement in June following a run of injuries.
Isaac Heeney, one of the players stood down by the Swans, shared some kind words for Adams after he hung up his boots, and posted photos of the pair socialising.
“Incredible career! Taught me so much on and off the field!” wrote Heeney on Instagram.
“Hardest working bloke I know! Congrats on everything brother!”
Adams’s own Instagram has been deactivated as of Friday night.
He previously used to platform to share photos of his wedding day, tying the knot with long-time partner Ellie Thornycroft in November 2024.
Heeney was one of the guests alongside teammates past and present from the Swans and Collingwood.
Police conclude interviews as women plan to sue
Victoria Police have concluded their interviews with the five Sydney Swans players stood down by the club.
According to Channel 9, no charges have been laid with the investigation still ongoing.
It comes after reports claimed two women at the centre of a sexual assault allegation involving Swans players are planning to sue the club and five of its players in the Victorian Supreme Court.
Lawyers for the women say they are preparing to launch civil action in the Common Law Division of the court and will claim damages for pain, suffering, psychological injury and economic loss.
“We are currently investigating the circumstances and preparing to commence legal proceedings against the club and potentially the individuals involved,” Manny Carbone, a partner at Carbone Lawyers, told The Age on Friday afternoon.
“Our clients are extremely traumatised and feel that their dignity and personal rights have been seriously violated by the events of Monday.”
It comes as the Swans hit back at claims of “misinformation” and threaten their own legal action after another lawyer from Carbone Lawyers made bombshell claims on Melbourne radio.
Partner and Head of Personal Injury Law and Litigation John Karantzis broke his silence on Friday morning, claiming what took place in a hotel room at the Pullman on Monday morning was “disgusting” and “abhorrent”.
Karantzis, who is representing two of the three women allegedly called to the room of Swans players, told 3AW’s Tom Elliot he was shocked by what allegedly occurred.
“Tom, can I just say at the outset, what has been alleged, these women were subjected to … disgusting actions and behaviour,” he said.
“These women already have a difficult job, and what they were subjected to, it is alleged, was demeaning, abhorrent and simply not moral or acceptable.
“They’re suffering severe stress and anxiety, they’re actually fearing for their life at the moment.
“There’s a lot of interest in this case and they are literally in hiding and they are suffering.”
Elliot asked Karantzis if things went further than agreed between the adult entertainers and the players in the early hours of Monday morning before police were called to the five-star hotel.
“Unfortunately, that’s the case, things did get out of hand. I can’t go into details … however the line was crossed and unfortunately what they’ve been subjected to I literally cannot say on the radio.”
Elliot asked the lawyer: “But it is very, very bad?”
“Exactly,” Karantzis said. “For this to occur in a public setting with quite a few people involved, it’s unbelievable in this day and age that these type of things can occur in public.”
Elliot asked Karantzis if there were more than five people in the room with the women.
“You’re saying there were more than five men there?”
“Yes, more than five men and it’s alleged there were even a few leaders in that room.”
The lawyer said the women involved “feel like enough is enough” and “they want justice, they want their voice to be heard”.
He said he wanted “an apology and full transparency as to who was involved and what occurred”.
“Are you saying the club hasn’t been transparent?” Elliot asked him.
“That is my understanding,” Karantzis said.
“Tom, you and I have young daughters. We would be horrified if they were subjected to a tenth of what they were subjected to on Monday morning.
“This type of behaviour is just not acceptable and it keeps occurring.
“I’ve got a lot of sympathy for these women. For them to be humiliated and degraded in this way, it’s just not on, it’s not acceptable.”
News.com.au is not suggesting the claims of the lawyer are true, just that they are the allegations made on behalf of the women involved.
Originally published as Former Swans star Taylor Adams revealed to have been at Melbourne hotel party