Criminal Record has brought together a round-up of today’s biggest crime stories.
17:00, 26 Jun 2026

Amen Teklay died after he was found seriously injured on a street in Glasgow
Every day on Criminal Record we will be bringing you a round-up of the biggest crime stories of the day.
If you love to read about crime in Scotland – this is the place to be every day.
Here’s what has been making the news across the country on Friday.
Amen Teklay murder accused ‘confessed to stabbing him through heart’
A teenager on trial for murdering a 15-year-old “confessed” to stabbing him through the heart, a trial was told. The 16-year-old and his 17-year-old co-accused are stated to have assaulted Amen Teklay in the St George’s Cross area of Glasgow on March 5 2025.
Prosecutors claim the boys – who cannot be identified due to their age – brandished a sword and frying pan at Amen while both masked. It is said Amen – who lived in the city with his father, but was originally from Eritrea – was chased.
The charge states that he was struck with the sword and left so severely hurt that he passed away in the city’s Clarendon Street. A special defence of self-defence has been lodged by the 16-year-old boy on trial.

(Image: Daily Record)
Jurors today watched further footage from a police interview given by a third youth – aged 16 – who was initially arrested for the murder. The court previously heard that the youth played football with the two boys on trial at the Firhill Complex in Maryhill on the night of Amen’s death but he went home.
The youth told officers that he got a phone call from another boy who was in their company later that night. He stated that the other boy had told him that the 16-year-old on trial stabbed Amen.
This led to the youth speaking to the 16-year-old on trial about the incident at school. The youth told officers: “I asked him and he told me. He confessed to it.”
READ MORE: Amen Teklay murder accused ‘confessed to stabbing him through heart’, court told
First picture of woman found dead in Hawick home as man charged
A woman found dead at a home in Hawick has been named by police as Stacey Hogg.
The 35-year-old was discovered at the property on the Scottish Borders town’s McLagan Drive after the alarm was raised at 7.20am on Thursday, June 25. Police earlier confirmed her death is being treated as suspicious.

Stacey Hogg.(Image: Police Scotland)
A 39-year-old man has since been arrested and charged in connection. He is due to appear at Selkirk Sheriff Court on Friday, June 26.
READ MORE: First picture of woman found dead in Hawick home as man charged
Killer bludgeoned girlfriend to death with hammer
A killer murdered his partner in a horror hammer attack – while banned from going near her.
Joseph Greer was wearing an electronic tag when he brutally attacked Samantha Lee at his flat in Aberdeen in January this year. The body of the much-loved 54 year-old mother-of-three was discovered when a friend of Greer came to his door.
The 40 year-old confessed: “Samantha is dead. She is in the kitchen.” Samantha was killed by burly Greer having been repeatedly struck with a claw hammer.

Samantha Lee(Image: Police Scotland)
He now faces a life sentence after admitting to a murder charge at the High Court in Glasgow today. The couple had been in a relationship since 2021.
READ MORE: Killer bludgeoned girlfriend to death with hammer while banned from going near her
Ex-Scots football star facing eviction from house
A married couple who are being hounded to repay a £152k ‘debt’ reckon their nightmare bears all the hallmarks of the Post Office scandal.
Former Ayr United winger Ian Walker, 67, and his wife Gail, 64, claim Barclays Bank are chasing them for a six-figure debt which isn’t theirs.
And the pair, from Nursery Wynd, Ayr, could lose their home next month – with eviction action due to take place on July 7.

Former Ayr United winger Ian Walker and his wife Gail(Image: Alasdair MacLeod/Ayrshire Post)
Police confirmed a fraud investigation is underway.
Ian, who spent four years at Somerset Park from 1976 to 1980, revealed: “We had a debt collector at our door and he told me that a substantial number of people in Ayr are also being chased by Barclays for money.
“We think this is the tip of the iceberg and could affect thousands more. It could be bigger than the Post Office scandal.”
Comedian to stand trial accused of rape and sexual offences
Comedian Hardeep Singh Kohli is to stand trial next year, accused of rape and other sex offences.
The comedian faces 20 charges involving five women between 2006 and 2022 at locations including the BBC Studios at Pacific Quay in Glasgow and the Radisson Hotel in the city. The 57-year-old faces five charges of rape involving the same woman in 2020 and 2021 in the Glasgow area.

Hardeep Singh Kohli has appeared in court
He also faces several charges of sexual assault and indecent assault and other charges, including breach of the peace, indecent communication and assault. The comedian, who was a contestant on Celebrity Big Brother, has pleaded not guilty.
The High Court in Glasgow heard that special defences of consent have been lodged for some of the charges. Lord Rennucci set a trial date of October 1 next year during the hearing at the court on Friday.
READ MORE: Comedian Hardeep Singh Kohli to stand trial accused of rape and sexual offences
Get more Daily Record exclusives by signing up for free to Google’s preferred sources. Click HERE.