A man in his 60s who was struck by a TransLink bus last month has died, the Surrey Police Service said. 

“TransLink is aware of an incident involving one of our buses that occurred on the evening of July 11 in Surrey,” said TransLink spokesperson Jawn Jang.

Jang said all further questions should be sent to Surrey police. 

Officers said in a statement there were no investigative updates available.

Previously, police had said the pedestrian was taken to hospital with life-threatening injuries. 

Initial incident

Last month, police said they responded to a report of a seriously hurt man lying on the road at the intersection of 128 Street and 96 Avenue in Surrey. 

Officers arrived and found him being treated by paramedics.

Police said they also found a TransLink bus and driver at the scene.

The Surrey Police Service’s Collision Investigation Unit was called in and took over the case. Parts of the intersection were shut down for several hours that night.

Officers said at the time it was unknown what caused the collision. 

Speed, impairment ruled out

Staff Sgt. Lindsey Houghton told CBC News police believed the bus had been stopped before the collision.

“The collision, we believe, happened … actually right at the bus stop,” said Houghton in July. 

“We know that sometimes … buses can obstruct views of people who may have been driving or walking on the other side of the street, so we really need to know what happened and the circumstances and the timeline of events.”

Houghton said speed and impairment are not believed to be factors in the collision.

It’s not the first time a serious crash occurred at the intersection this year. 

In February, a 22-year-old woman died after a vehicle struck her on 128 Street.