2026-06-19T15:53:25+00:00
font
Enable Reading Mode
A-
A
A+
Shafaq News- Tehran
A planned meeting in Switzerland between US and Iranian
officials was postponed, Iran’s Foreign
Ministry stated on Friday, explaining that a memorandum of understanding with
the United States to end the war had been signed electronically, reducing the
immediate need for the talks.
The ministry added that the agreement’s implementation
depends on the activation of specific provisions within the memorandum and
continued compliance by both sides, noting that preparations are underway for a
new round of meetings in the coming days to follow up on the negotiations.
Despite Switzerland’s announcement that the US-Iran talks
would not take place as scheduled, Pakistan said there were no
obstacles preventing the negotiations from proceeding.
The developments followed remarks from a White House spokesperson
on Thursday, who said US Vice President J. D. Vance had canceled a planned trip
to Switzerland, where he was expected to meet Iranian negotiators to begin
discussions on implementing the memorandum reached between Tehran and
Washington to end the war.
According to the spokesperson, the memorandum was signed by
US President Donald Trump and his Iranian counterpart on Wednesday night.
Meanwhile, US President Donald Trump vowed that Iran would
not receive any funds during the current negotiation period, criticizing
statements from Democrats about the MOU.