{"id":145669,"date":"2026-08-14T07:04:08","date_gmt":"2026-08-14T07:04:08","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/dk\/145669\/"},"modified":"2026-08-14T07:04:08","modified_gmt":"2026-08-14T07:04:08","slug":"warsaw-russia-ordered-hit-on-american-in-poland","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/dk\/145669\/","title":{"rendered":"Warsaw: Russia Ordered Hit on American in Poland"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk announced on Thursday, August 13, that Poland\u2019s Internal Security Agency (ABW) and police had arrested a Russian national in Warsaw a week earlier, on August 7, on suspicion of plotting to kill a US citizen of Ukrainian descent. Serbia is not mentioned anywhere in the case, but the question it raises reaches Belgrade too: how safe is a person Moscow finds inconvenient once he sets foot on European soil, and does it matter that one country, Poland, belongs to NATO while another, Serbia, is militarily neutral.<\/p>\n<p>Tusk announced the operation six days after it took place. Polish authorities did not release the name of the intended target, did not describe any detail of the plot, and did not say how long the suspect had been under surveillance before his arrest. The only thing the prime minister said about the man who was meant to be attacked was that he had \u201cbeen inconvenient for Putin\u2019s regime.\u201d<\/p>\n<p>Tusk described the outcome of the operation to reporters like this:<\/p>\n<p>At the last moment, thanks to the action of the Internal Security Agency and the police, we managed to prevent this execution, this attack.<\/p>\n<p>The prime minister thanked Poland\u2019s security services and called the whole case a very dangerous signal. Poland says the suspect was recruited by Russian intelligence services, and Tomasz Siemoniak, the minister coordinating the special services, confirmed the operation was carried out together with American services and that the target was a US citizen of Ukrainian descent. Russia\u2019s foreign ministry did not respond to questions about the case.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk announced on Thursday, August 13, that Poland\u2019s Internal Security Agency (ABW) and police&hellip;\n","protected":false},"author":2,"featured_media":145670,"comment_status":"","ping_status":"","sticky":false,"template":"","format":"standard","meta":{"footnotes":"","_share_on_mastodon":"0"},"categories":[95],"tags":[185,74,182,238,241,181],"class_list":["post-145669","post","type-post","status-publish","format-standard","has-post-thumbnail","category-warsaw","tag-donald-tusk","tag-nato","tag-poland","tag-russia","tag-ukraine","tag-warsaw"],"share_on_mastodon":{"url":"https:\/\/pubeurope.com\/@dk\/117092592109893526","error":""},"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/dk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/145669","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/dk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/dk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/post"}],"author":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/dk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/users\/2"}],"replies":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/dk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/comments?post=145669"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/dk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/145669\/revisions"}],"wp:featuredmedia":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/dk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media\/145670"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/dk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=145669"}],"wp:term":[{"taxonomy":"category","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/dk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/categories?post=145669"},{"taxonomy":"post_tag","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/dk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/tags?post=145669"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}