ERBIL (Kurdistan24) – The Iraqi government told Kurdistan24 on Sunday that reports alleging the establishment of a secret Israeli military base in the country’s desert regions remain unconfirmed.

Sabah al-Numan, the spokesperson for the Iraqi Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, clarified that authorities have not issued any official findings regarding the claims recently published by The Wall Street Journal.

Numan emphasized that the information cited in the American newspaper is specific to that publication, noting that the government is unaware of the report’s underlying sources.

According to remarks to Kurdistan24, officials stated that the presence of such an installation has not been verified by national security agencies.

Authorities indicated that the state is maintaining its ‘no comment’ position on the matter, as the information remains unverified. 

“We have not previously issued any official statement regarding this matter. The information published by The Wall Street Journal is specific to them; we do not know what their source is, and it has not been confirmed to us as of yet,” Numan told Kurdistan24

 

This is a developing story and more information is expected.