US president says Iran’s account of a written agreement to end hostilities is inaccurate and condemns reported drone attack near Strait of Hormuz.

President Donald Trump said Friday that Tehran’s stated version of a proposed US-Iran deal on stopping the war is not what was agreed to.

Iran’s description of the proposed agreement “bears no relation to the truth,” Trump said, labelling the Iranians “very dishonourable people to deal with.”

“They better get their act together, and FAST!” Trump said in a statement on his Truth Social platform.

Earlier on Friday, a senior US official said there are five key terms in the agreement: Iran’s nuclear material will be destroyed and removed, its nuclear program will be dismantled, none of its frozen money will be released until it meets certain demands, the Strait of Hormuz will be open, and Iran must not fund terrorist groups.

STORY CONTINUES BELOW THIS AD

The official spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to provide details about the sensitive talks.

Meanwhile, Iran insisted on its right to enrich uranium and maintain control over the Strait of Hormuz under any deal with the United States, after President Donald Trump said a draft accord was ready.

US ally Israel has said that Trump had promised it that any agreement would see Iran stripped of its enriched nuclear material, but Tehran’s official IRNA news agency said this was not even on the table.

Iran and the United States have engaged in weeks of indirect negotiations seeking to bring to an end the war sparked by US-Israeli strikes on the Islamic republic on February 28.

A ceasefire took effect in April, but sporadic episodes of violence have occurred, each time sparking new fears of a return to all-out war, despite Trump repeatedly stating a deal was within reach.

After inking an initial memorandum of understanding, IRNA said, Iran the US would hold 60 days of talks and that “Iran’s right to enrich uranium and the retention of enriched material… will be emphasised with a view to their inclusion in the final agreement”.

With inputs from agencies

First Published:
June 12, 2026, 19:44 IST

HomeWorldTrump rejects Iran’s version of proposed US-Iran deal, says Tehran must ‘get act together’End of Article