At least one tanker has been struck by a drone in the Strait of Hormuz and sustained damage, the UK Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) centre said on Tuesday.

The vessel “sustained minor structural damage,” but was able to continue its journey without casualties, the UKMTO said in a post on X.

Meanwhile, in a separate post, the authority said a tanker was “struck by an unidentified projectile” while transiting the key waterway.

It was unclear whether the two reports involved the same tanker, with no further information available on which country reported the damage or on the ships involved.

The Axios news website reported, citing two US officials, that Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps fired at least two missiles at freighters. One of the officials reportedly said two ships were severely damaged by the attack.

Sporadic attacks have continued in the Strait of Hormuz despite the agreement reached between Iran and the United States last month.

The waterway is central to the oil and gas trade, with inflation rising worldwide earlier this year when Tehran announced a halt on shipping in the strait due to the war with the US and Israel.