2026-08-14T10:03:35+00:00
font
Enable Reading Mode
A-
A
A+
Shafaq News- Al-Anbar
More than eight lawsuits have been filed against
sand-processing plants in Al-Anbar province, western Iraq, over environmental
violations, the province’s Environment Director Qais Najeh told Shafaq News on
Friday.
The Directorate’s legal department and the Environmental
Protection and Improvement Police referred the cases to the court for action
against the plant owners. Najeh said the judge had summoned the owners named in
the lawsuits to proceed with the required measures.
Last month, Al-Anbar’s Environment Directorate launched
inspections along the Euphrates River to identify sources of pollution,
surveying factories, vehicle wash and lubrication stations, and sewage outlets
suspected of discharging pollutants. The directorate fined the Al-Anbar
Sewerage Directorate and filed a lawsuit over the continued release of
untreated wastewater.
Read more: Al-Anbar: An unfinished chapter in Iraq’s water story