{"id":106768,"date":"2026-05-10T14:45:17","date_gmt":"2026-05-10T14:45:17","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/106768\/"},"modified":"2026-05-10T14:45:17","modified_gmt":"2026-05-10T14:45:17","slug":"uae-kuwait-and-qatar-all-report-drone-attacks-as-iran-ramps-up-its-threats","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/106768\/","title":{"rendered":"UAE, Kuwait and Qatar all report drone attacks as Iran ramps up its threats"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>The United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Qatar all reported likely Iranian attacks on Sunday in their territories, as Tehran appeared to be ramping up its strikes in the region despite the fragile ceasefire.<\/p>\n<p>The Emirati Defense Ministry said that Iran fired two drones at the UAE on Sunday, and both were \u201csuccessfully engaged.\u201d<\/p>\n<p>Iran has denied carrying out operations against the UAE in recent days, yet it warned of a \u201ccrushing response\u201d if any actions were launched from the UAE against it.<\/p>\n<p>The attacks prompted the UAE to shift to remote learning for schools last week, but authorities said on Sunday that in-person learning would resume from Monday.<\/p>\n<p>In a social media post on Sunday, the spokesman for the Iranian parliament\u2019s national security commission warned the United States: \u201cOur restraint is over as of today.\u201d<\/p>\n<p>\n\t\t\tGet The Times of Israel&#8217;s Daily Edition<br \/>\n\t\t\tby email and never miss our top stories\n\t\t<\/p>\n<p>\t\t\t\tBy signing up, you agree to the <a href=\"https:\/\/www.timesofisrael.com\/terms\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\" target=\"_blank\">terms<\/a><\/p>\n<p>\u201cAny attack on our vessels will trigger a strong and decisive Iranian response against American ships and bases,\u201d Ebrahim Rezaei said.<\/p>\n<p>\t<a href=\"https:\/\/static-cdn.toi-media.com\/www\/uploads\/2026\/05\/AP26128731716438-e1778346012772.jpg\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\" target=\"_blank\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" class=\"size-large wp-image-3819801\" src=\"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-content\/uploads\/2026\/05\/AP26128731716438-e1778346012772-640x400.jpg\" alt=\"\" width=\"600\" height=\"375\"\/><\/a><br \/>\n\t\tWomen hold Iranian flags for a pro-government campaign in downtown Tehran, Iran, May 8, 2026. (AP\/Vahid Salemi)<\/p>\n<p>Kuwait\u2019s army also said Sunday it had detected and dealt with several hostile drones.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cAt dawn today, the armed forces detected a number of hostile drones in Kuwaiti airspace, which were dealt with in accordance with established procedures,\u201d the general staff of the army said on X, without specifying the origin of the drones.<\/p>\n<p>On April 25, Kuwait\u2019s army said two drones launched from \u200bIraq had targeted \u200btwo northern border posts, causing \u200bdamage. Its air defenses also dealt with a wave of Iranian drones on April 8 that targeted vital infrastructure.<\/p>\n<p>Also Sunday, the Qatari Defense Ministry said that a\u00a0cargo vessel was attacked by a drone in Qatari waters northeast of Mesaieed port as the ship traveled from Abu Dhabi, causing a limited fire that was contained.<\/p>\n<p>No injuries were reported and the vessel continued on its journey toward the port.<\/p>\n<p>There was no immediate claim of responsibility, but Iran\u2019s Fars news agency reported that \u201cthe bulk carrier that was struck near the coast of Qatar was sailing under a US flag and belonged to the United States.\u201d<\/p>\n<p lang=\"en\" dir=\"ltr\">A commercial vessel was attacked early this morning off the coast of Qatar -UKMTO<\/p>\n<p>The master of a bulk carrier reports that a projectile hit his vessel, starting a fire. <a href=\"https:\/\/t.co\/aj9ZCnsgqr\" rel=\"nofollow\">pic.twitter.com\/aj9ZCnsgqr<\/a><\/p>\n<p>\u2014 OSINTtechnical (@Osinttechnical) <a href=\"https:\/\/twitter.com\/Osinttechnical\/status\/2053346883318534217?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\" target=\"_blank\">May 10, 2026<\/a><\/p>\n<p>The UK Maritime Trade Operations (UKMTO) said earlier that a bulk carrier had reported being struck by an unknown projectile while sailing 23 nautical miles northeast of Doha, the capital of Qatar.\u00a0Authorities are investigating the source of the projectile, UKMTO said.\n<\/p>\n<p>The statement by Qatar\u2019s Defense Ministry did not specify the origin of the drone.<\/p>\n<p>But Qatar\u2019s prime minister told Iran\u2019s top diplomat Abbas Araghchi in a phone call that using the Strait of Hormuz as a \u201cpressure card\u201d will only deepen the Middle East crisis, the Qatari foreign ministry said Sunday.<\/p>\n<p>Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani \u201cstressed that freedom of navigation is a firmly established principle that is not open to compromise, and that closing the Strait of Hormuz or using it as a pressure card only serves to deepen the crisis,\u201d the ministry said in a statement.<\/p>\n<p>\t<a href=\"https:\/\/static-cdn.toi-media.com\/www\/uploads\/2026\/05\/AP26078620123057.jpg\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\" target=\"_blank\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" class=\"size-large wp-image-3817773\" src=\"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-content\/uploads\/2026\/05\/AP26078620123057-640x400.jpg\" alt=\"\" width=\"600\" height=\"375\"\/><\/a><br \/>\n\t\tQatar\u2019s Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed bin Abdulrahman Al Thani speaks during a joint press conference with Turkey\u2019s Foreign Minister Hakan Fidan in Doha, Qatar, March 19, 2026. (AP\/Najib Abu Jobain)<\/p>\n<p>Separately, South Korea said Sunday that unidentified aircraft struck a South Korean cargo ship in the Strait of Hormuz last week, days after the fire-damaged HMM Namu arrived at port in Dubai.<\/p>\n<p>The waterway has been virtually closed since the United States and Israel launched a war against Iran in late February, with Tehran responding with attacks across the Middle East and imposing a chokehold on the strait, rattling global energy markets.<\/p>\n<p>On Monday, May 4, \u201ctwo unidentified aircraft struck the outer plate of the port-side ballast tank at the stern of the HMM Namu at roughly one-minute intervals, causing flames and smoke,\u201d Seoul\u2019s foreign ministry spokesman Park Il told a news briefing.<\/p>\n<p>He did not specify what kind of aircraft had been involved in the attack, saying they \u201cwere captured on CCTV footage, but there are limitations in identifying the exact type, launch origin and physical size of the objects.\u201d<\/p>\n<p>Further analysis will be conducted on \u201cengine debris and other fragments,\u201d he added.<\/p>\n<p>The damage to the cargo ship, which had 24 crew members on board, spanned about \u201cfive meters (16.5 feet) wide and extended roughly seven meters (23 feet) into the hull\u201d on the port-side stern, Park said.<\/p>\n<p>\u201cThe engine room fire is believed to have been ignited by the first strike, with the second strike appearing to have caused the blaze to spread rapidly.\u201d<\/p>\n<p>\t<a href=\"https:\/\/static-cdn.toi-media.com\/www\/uploads\/2026\/05\/AP26130293876549.jpg\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\" target=\"_blank\"><img loading=\"lazy\" decoding=\"async\" class=\"size-large wp-image-3820099\" src=\"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-content\/uploads\/2026\/05\/AP26130293876549-640x400.jpg\" alt=\"\" width=\"600\" height=\"375\"\/><\/a><br \/>\n\t\tProtesters in South Korea stage a rally to denounce the Iranian government\u2019s policy near the US Embassy in Seoul, South Korea, May 10, 2026. (AP\/Ahn Young-joon)<\/p>\n<p>Tehran has denied responsibility for the attack, with its embassy in Seoul posting a statement on its website saying that it \u201cfirmly rejects and categorically denies any allegations regarding the involvement\u201d of its forces.<\/p>\n<p>Iran\u2019s ambassador to South Korea was summoned to the foreign ministry to explain Tehran\u2019s position regarding the findings, Park said.<\/p>\n<p>Tension has been rising as Washington waits for Tehran to respond to its latest offer of a deal to extend a truce to allow the foes to enter peace negotiations.<\/p>\n<p>Iranian state media reported Sunday afternoon that Tehran had submitted its response to the latest US proposals to permanently end the war and begin peace talks via Pakistani mediators.<\/p>\n<p>The US proposal would formally end the war and reopen the Strait of Hormuz before beginning talks on more contentious issues, including the Iranian nuclear program.<\/p>\n<p>Lazar Berman and Nava Freiberg contributed to this report.<\/p>\n<p>&#13;<br \/>\n\t\t\t\tYou appreciate our wartime journalism\t\t\t<\/p>\n<p>\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<img width=\"200\" height=\"200\" src=\"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-content\/uploads\/2026\/04\/1776856163_535_DH-new-headshot-circular-200x200.png\" class=\"attachment-square size-square wp-post-image\" alt=\"\" decoding=\"async\" loading=\"lazy\" title=\"\"\/>\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t\t<\/p>\n<p class=\"crm-article-popup__counter-wrap\" style=\"display:none\">&#13;<br \/>\n\t\t\t\t\t\tWe\u2019re really pleased that you\u2019ve read  X Times of Israel articles in the past month.&#13;\n\t\t\t\t\t<\/p>\n<p>You clearly find our careful reporting of the Iran war valuable, at a time when facts are often distorted and news coverage often lacks context.<\/p>\n<p>Your support is essential to continue our work. We want to continue delivering the professional journalism you value, even as the demands on our newsroom have grown dramatically during this ongoing conflict.<\/p>\n<p>So today, please consider joining our reader support group, The Times of Israel Community. For as little as $6 a month you&#8217;ll become our partners while enjoying The Times of Israel AD-FREE, as well as accessing\u00a0exclusive content\u00a0available only to Times of Israel Community members.<\/p>\n<p>Thank you,<br \/>David Horovitz, Founding Editor of The Times of Israel<\/p>\n<p>\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/crm.timesofisrael.com\/sign-up?utm_campaign=dhmatters&amp;utm_source=website&amp;utm_medium=article_end_counter&amp;utm_content=BDFCFF\" class=\"crm-post-module__btn crm-post-module__btn-desktop\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\" target=\"_blank\">&#13;<br \/>\n\t\t\t\tJoin Our Community\t\t\t<\/a><\/p>\n<p>\t\t\t<a href=\"https:\/\/crm.timesofisrael.com\/sign-up?utm_campaign=dhmatters&amp;utm_source=website&amp;utm_medium=article_end_counter&amp;utm_content=BDFCFF\" class=\"crm-post-module__btn crm-post-module__btn-mobile\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\" target=\"_blank\">&#13;<br \/>\n\t\t\t\tJoin Our Community\t\t\t<\/a><\/p>\n<p>\t\t\t<a class=\"crm_under_btn_link\" target=\"_blank\" href=\"https:\/\/crm.timesofisrael.com\/sign-in?RedirectTo=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.timesofisrael.com%2Fuae-kuwait-and-qatar-all-report-drone-attacks-as-iran-ramps-up-its-threats%2F\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\">Already a member? Sign in to stop seeing this<\/a><br \/>\n\t\t<script async src=\"https:\/\/platform.twitter.com\/widgets.js\" charset=\"utf-8\"><\/script><\/p>\n","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"The United Arab Emirates, Kuwait and Qatar all reported likely Iranian attacks on Sunday in their territories, as&hellip;\n","protected":false},"author":2,"featured_media":106769,"comment_status":"","ping_status":"","sticky":false,"template":"","format":"standard","meta":{"footnotes":""},"categories":[4],"tags":[27587,43,34,29396,36907,36906,101,69],"class_list":{"0":"post-106768","1":"post","2":"type-post","3":"status-publish","4":"format-standard","5":"has-post-thumbnail","7":"category-tehran","8":"tag-2026-us-israel-war-with-iran","9":"tag-drone-strikes","10":"tag-iran","11":"tag-iran-uae-relations","12":"tag-iran-kuwait-relations","13":"tag-iran-qatar-relations","14":"tag-strait-of-hormuz","15":"tag-tehran"},"share_on_mastodon":{"url":"https:\/\/pubeurope.com\/@iran\/116550823056994932","error":""},"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/106768","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/post"}],"author":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/users\/2"}],"replies":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/comments?post=106768"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/106768\/revisions"}],"wp:featuredmedia":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media\/106769"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=106768"}],"wp:term":[{"taxonomy":"category","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/categories?post=106768"},{"taxonomy":"post_tag","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/tags?post=106768"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}