{"id":175133,"date":"2026-06-24T08:28:13","date_gmt":"2026-06-24T08:28:13","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/175133\/"},"modified":"2026-06-24T08:28:13","modified_gmt":"2026-06-24T08:28:13","slug":"israel-to-keep-occupying-southern-lebanon-netanyahu","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/175133\/","title":{"rendered":"Israel to Keep Occupying Southern Lebanon: Netanyahu"},"content":{"rendered":"<p>        <a href=\"https:\/\/www.islamtimes.com\/en\/news\/1287925\/israel-to-keep-occupying-southern-lebanon-netanyahu\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\" target=\"_blank\"><img decoding=\"async\" src=\"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-content\/uploads\/2026\/06\/n01287925-b.jpg\" alt=\"Israel to Keep Occupying Southern Lebanon: Netanyahu\" title=\"Israel to Keep Occupying Southern Lebanon: Netanyahu\" class=\"img-responsive\"\/><\/a><\/p>\n<p>            Islam Times &#8211; Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and top military officials have reaffirmed the regime\u2019s plans to maintain the occupation of areas in southern Lebanon.They made the remarks in a joint statement issued by Netanyahu\u2019s office following a meeting involving Netanyahu, the minister of military affairs, Israel Katz, chief of general staff Eyal Zamir, and the so-called Northern Command chief Ori Gordin.<\/p>\n<p>The statement said the Israeli army would continue offensives aimed at what it described as neutralizing threats against Israeli troops and settlers, destroying \u201cterrorist infrastructure,\u201d and maintaining a &#8220;security zone&#8221; in southern Lebanon.<\/p>\n<p>The statement came a day after Iran and the US began negotiations in Switzerland under Pakistani and Qatari mediation. The high-level talks that lasted 18 hours discussed the implementation of commitments made under the Pakistan-mediated Memorandum of Understanding, which was signed by the Iranian and American presidents last week.<\/p>\n<p>The diplomatic process seeks to bring an end to the cycle arising out of the latest unprovoked American-Israeli aggression against the Islamic Republic between February 28 and April 7, when US President Donald Trump announced a ceasefire amid decisive Iranian retaliation.<\/p>\n<p>As part of the MoU, the Islamic Republic has insisted on cessation of aggression on all fronts, including Lebanon.<\/p>\n<p>Following the signing of the memorandum, the United States said the Israeli regime had agreed to a ceasefire in Lebanon.<\/p>\n<p>The statement also comes while a fifth round of negotiations between the Beirut government and Israel is due to begin on Tuesday in Washington, Press TV reported.<\/p>\n<p>Ahead of the talks, Lebanese President Joseph Aoun discussed a \u201cdeconfliction mechanism\u201d for the country during a phone call with US Vice President JD Vance and the Qatari prime minister on Monday.<\/p>\n<p>The phone conversation focused on consolidating the ceasefire between Israel and Hezbollah, according to the Lebanese presidency.<\/p>\n<p>Hezbollah has criticized the upcoming talks, calling for the full withdrawal of the Israeli troops from Lebanon.&#13;\n  <\/p>\n","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"Islam Times &#8211; Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and top military officials have reaffirmed the regime\u2019s plans to&hellip;\n","protected":false},"author":2,"featured_media":175134,"comment_status":"","ping_status":"","sticky":false,"template":"","format":"standard","meta":{"footnotes":"","_share_on_mastodon":"0"},"categories":[32],"tags":[592,6266,2415,11195,595,598,37,2412,32441,93,53620,179,4100,876,13359,39989,591,13720,20354,4106,53613,5414,1039,596,599,603,4069],"class_list":["post-175133","post","type-post","status-publish","format-standard","has-post-thumbnail","category-lebanon","tag-and","tag-areas","tag-benjamin","tag-have","tag-in","tag-islam","tag-israel","tag-israeli","tag-keep","tag-lebanon","tag-maintain","tag-military","tag-minister","tag-netanyahu","tag-occupation","tag-occupying","tag-of","tag-officials","tag-plans","tag-prime","tag-reaffirmed","tag-regimes","tag-southern","tag-the","tag-times","tag-to","tag-top"],"share_on_mastodon":{"url":"https:\/\/pubeurope.com\/@iran\/116804144612135500","error":""},"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/175133","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/post"}],"author":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/users\/2"}],"replies":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/comments?post=175133"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/175133\/revisions"}],"wp:featuredmedia":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media\/175134"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=175133"}],"wp:term":[{"taxonomy":"category","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/categories?post=175133"},{"taxonomy":"post_tag","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/iran\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/tags?post=175133"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}