Here are the names and faces of the men and women who are have been sentenced to prison time in August 2025 so far.
Child rapist
Nii ‘Kojo’ Bortey (Image: Met Police)
Nii ‘Kojo’ Bortey, 31, from Honor Oak, raped a young girl.
He subjected the girl to a violent and sustained sexual attack last September.
Woolwich Crown Court heard that after the rape Bortey went to a pharmacy to buy the morning-after pill but decided against it upon being told it isn’t free.
When the abuse came to light his phone was searched and police found photos of girls as young as six being sexually abused and raped.
Despite making confessions to officers early in the investigation and pleading guilty to raping a child, whilst remanded in prison Bortey made moves to change his plea to not guilty.
Orpington road rage killer
Neil Sullingston (Image: Surrey Police) Neil Sullingston, 53, from Orpington, deliberately drove into moped rider Wayne Wigley, killing him.
Sullingston was driving to work in his white Seat Ibiza along the A244 in Esher, Surrey, when he noticed Mr Wigley riding a moped behind him.
The two men had previously been involved in road rage incidents which Sullingston had reported to police.
At around 6.19am on July 1 last year dashcam and CCTV footage showed Mr Wigley throwing a rock at Sullingston’s car, smashing the rear window.
Mr Wigley then entered the right filter lane near the junction with Milbourne Lane.
Sullingston followed in close pursuit before deliberately driving into the back of the scooter without braking or swerving.
The impact threw Mr Wigley from the moped, severing his right lower leg and causing catastrophic internal injuries.
Members of the public, including an off-duty police officer, a paramedic and a firefighter tried to help but Mr Wigley was pronounced dead at the scene.
Sullingston was convicted of manslaughter and was sentenced to 13 years in prison.
Read the full story here – Orpington man jailed after Esher road rage death
Catford woman and paedo boyfriend
Rhianna Johnson and Marcus Bogle (Image: Met Police) Catford woman Rhianna Johnson, 24, has been jailed for sexually abusing a child after she was encouraged by her paedophile boyfriend Marcus Bogle, 34, from Hackney.
Johnson committed a sex act on a pre-pubescent child at the request of Bogle.
She also sent him videos of herself masturbating in front of children.
The defendants, who had been in a relationship for six months, each pleaded guilty to 14 sex offences.
The pair exchanged numerous indecent images of children as well as images depicting extreme bestiality.
Sonia Larbi-Aïssa, defending Johnson, said Bogle “used and incited” her client into engaging in the sexual behaviour, which culminated in her sexually abusing a child.
But Michael Field, defending Bogle, said: “With the greatest of respect, I’m not sure Ms Johnson needed much encouragement.”
Child pimp among London’s most dangerous men
Clinton Easy (Image: Met Police) Clinton Easy, 32, has been jailed for life for multiple rapes.
He was previously jailed for two-and-a-half years last summer for pimping out girls as young as 13-years-old for sex.
Easy was due to be released from HMP Belmarsh in September, but he now faces a much longer and potentially permanent stay behind bars.
He threatened the victim, demanding she strip naked, before he tied her up and raped her twice, Woolwich Crown Court heard.
After he had raped her, Easy urinated on the victim.
The victim attended Bexleyheath Police Station the following day and was examined by a doctor who found injuries consistent with “sustained, brutal and violent rapes”.
Easy denied the rapes but a jury unanimously found him guilty.
The thug has a long history of violent offending dating back to 2007 and his victims are often women.
In 2019 he was given a suspended sentence after a partner jumped out of a window whilst trying to escape an assault by him.
Second chance Bromley paedo
Shaun Taylor-Thompson (Image: Met Police) Shaun Taylor-Thompson, 33, of Beckenham Grove in Shortlands, was caught with images and videos of babies being abused just months after a judge gave him a second chance.
The ex-care home worker was given suspended sentence last February after a raid on his home revealed thousands of indecent images and videos of children including disturbing videos of children as young as 18 months old being abused.
It has now been revealed that within weeks Taylor-Thompson was offending again and was caught with over a thousand more child abuse images and videos.
On June 1 last year Met Police officers conducted a routine visit to his home.
They discovered he had been using private browsing sites and had concerning photos on his iPhone.
Further analysis of his device revealed he had deleted his internet history 1046 times since March and had used a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to disguise his identity online.
They also found 1,017 child abuse images and videos, including videos of babies younger than three months old being abused.
A further raid of his home revealed various other devices which the Met are still analysing.
Taylor-Thompson was sentenced to three years in prison.
Read the full story – Bromley second chance paedophile caught with abuse images
Rapist back behind bars
Milton White (Image: Met Police) Milton White, 59, from Peckham, who raped a woman after entering her home in the night is back behind bars after he was caught breaking into another home following his prison release.
White attacked a 60-year-old woman after he broke into her Haringey home in May 1990.
Was not brought to justice until 22 years later when a DNA break through led to his conviction in 2012.
He was jailed for 12 years for rape but by this time his victim had been dead for six years.
White has now been put back behind bars after breaching a sexual offence prevention order.
According to court documents, on June 12 this year he was caught entering another person’s Southwark home without their consent.
He was sentenced to eight months in prison for the “deliberate breach” of the order.
Read the full story – Peckham burglar back behind bars 35 years after Haringey rape
Croydon man repeatedly assaulted his partner
Daniel Santana (Image: Surrey Police) Daniel Santana, 40, from Croydon, repeatedly assaulted his partner and damaged her family’s belongings.
Between October 2021 and March 2022, Santana subjected the woman to sustained abuse, including physical assaults and harassment.
He once called her up to 60 times in a row.
The victim reported the abuse in January 2025, and Santana was promptly arrested.
He has now been sentenced to three years and seven months in prison after pleading guilty to controlling and coercive behaviour.
He has also been recalled to prison to serve the remaining nine years of a previous sentence for rape, grievous bodily harm (GBH), actual bodily harm (ABH), arson and harassment.