Two youths were arrested in the north of France earlier this week on suspicion of planning attacks and promoting Jihadist Propaganda, said the French anti-terrorist prosecutor’s office.

Reuters reported on Saturday, February 21, citing the French anti-terrorism office, that a planned attack in northern France had been foiled.

The arrested individuals were suspected of planning an attack on a shopping center or a concert venue.

The anti-terrorist prosecutor said one of the 16-year-olds had started to follow jihadist propaganda. The identities of the arrested individuals have not been disclosed.