The incident at around 6.30am in Port Glasgow, Inverclyde, has sparked a major police probe.
15:09, 19 Apr 2025Updated 15:12, 19 Apr 2025
Investigators at the scene of suspected assault in Port Glasgow on Saturday(Image: Alex Craig)
A teenager has been rushed to hospital after an apparent early-hours assault saw three streets cordoned off in Inverclyde.
Cops said a 15-year-old boy had been taken to hospital for treatment following the incident in the Princes Street area of Port Glasgow.
Officers were called to a report of an assault at around 6.30am on Saturday.
Witnesses said officers and CID investigators have been in attendance as part of a heavy police presence on site.
Police sealed off Princes Street, King Street and Church Street in the town centre.
A Police Scotland spokesperson said: “About 6.30am on Saturday, 19 April, 2025 we were called to a report of a youth having been assaulted in the Princes Street area of Port Glasgow.
“Officers attended and a 15-year-old was taken to hospital for treatment. Enquiries are ongoing.
“Anyone with information is asked to call Police Scotland on 101 quoting incident number 0621 of Saturday, 19 April, 2025.”
Images from the scene showed CID officers collecting evidence into plastic bags, as well as a number of yellow markers pointing out items of interest on the ground.