{"id":1068664,"date":"2026-07-04T20:36:22","date_gmt":"2026-07-04T20:36:22","guid":{"rendered":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/uk\/1068664\/"},"modified":"2026-07-04T20:36:22","modified_gmt":"2026-07-04T20:36:22","slug":"prince-harry-will-travel-to-london-but-without-his-family","status":"publish","type":"post","link":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/uk\/1068664\/","title":{"rendered":"Prince Harry Will Travel to London, but Without His Family"},"content":{"rendered":"<p class=\"css-140ip4z e1me5xab0\">Prince Harry will travel to the United Kingdom next week for the first time since <a class=\"css-yywogo\" href=\"https:\/\/www.nytimes.com\/2025\/09\/10\/world\/europe\/prince-harry-king-charles-reunion.html\" title=\"\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\" target=\"_blank\">a fence-mending reunion last fall with his father, King Charles<\/a>, ending speculation that security concerns would mean a complete cancellation of the visit.<\/p>\n<p class=\"css-140ip4z e1me5xab0\">His wife and children, originally included in the entire trip, will not be coming to London, according to a person close to the family, who said they are still weighing their options for the rest of the stay.<\/p>\n<p class=\"css-140ip4z e1me5xab0\">The trip to London was canceled for Harry\u2019s American-born wife, Meghan, and the couple\u2019s children after the British authorities confirmed that the family would not receive publicly funded security, and Harry\u2019s own security team raised concerns.<\/p>\n<p class=\"css-140ip4z e1me5xab0\">Harry, 41, lives in California with his wife and their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet, who have not been to Britain together since 2022. The family was expected to travel together to London \u2014 a journey that would have presented Charles, 77, and his grandchildren, aged 7 and 5, the opportunity to meet in person for the first time in several years.<\/p>\n<p class=\"css-140ip4z e1me5xab0\">The trip is expected to include a number of public appearances beginning on Tuesday, as well as a visit to the northern city of Birmingham to mark the one-year countdown to the 2027 Invictus Games.<\/p>\n<p class=\"css-140ip4z e1me5xab0\">But there had been confusion in recent days over the exact arrangements, and much speculation from royal watchers and Britain\u2019s tabloid press about whether family dramas or ongoing security concerns could derail plans.<\/p>\n<p class=\"css-140ip4z e1me5xab0\"><a class=\"css-yywogo\" href=\"https:\/\/www.bbc.com\/news\/articles\/cdjk8gggnndo\" title=\"\" rel=\"noopener noreferrer nofollow\" target=\"_blank\">The BBC reported<\/a> in late June that the couple had accepted an offer to stay at a royal residence with their children for part of their trip, which it said Harry was making to kick off the yearlong preparations for the Invictus Games.<\/p>\n<p class=\"css-140ip4z e1me5xab0\">But Buckingham Palace later said that the offer of accommodation for the family on the royal estate had never been accepted.<\/p>\n<p class=\"css-140ip4z e1me5xab0\">The person close to Harry  said it is still possible his family would join him for the latter part of his trip, when he is expected to travel to Birmingham. Harry founded the games, a competition for military personnel injured in service, over a decade ago. He will also have other engagements elsewhere in England relating to other causes he supports.<\/p>\n<p class=\"css-140ip4z e1me5xab0\">The British authorities\u2019 decision not to provide <a class=\"css-yywogo\" href=\"https:\/\/www.nytimes.com\/2025\/04\/08\/world\/europe\/prince-harry-security-hearing-court.html\" title=\"\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\" target=\"_blank\">publicly financed security protection<\/a> for Harry\u2019s family while in the country has been a thorn in the royals\u2019 relationship in recent years. The family initially fell out publicly when Harry, who holds the title Duke of Sussex, <a class=\"css-yywogo\" href=\"https:\/\/www.nytimes.com\/2020\/01\/08\/world\/europe\/prince-harry-meghan-markle-royal-family.html\" title=\"\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\" target=\"_blank\">withdrew from royal duties in 2020<\/a> and relocated to the United States.<\/p>\n<p class=\"css-140ip4z e1me5xab0\">Harry wrote a <a class=\"css-yywogo\" href=\"https:\/\/www.nytimes.com\/2023\/01\/11\/books\/harry-memoir-sales-spare.html\" title=\"\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\" target=\"_blank\">tell-all memoir<\/a> about growing up in the royal family and produced a <a class=\"css-yywogo\" href=\"https:\/\/www.nytimes.com\/2022\/12\/08\/arts\/television\/harry-meghan-netflix.html\" title=\"\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\" target=\"_blank\">six-part Netflix series<\/a> about his relationship with Meghan, which detailed his rift with his brother, Prince William. He also filed a lawsuit \u2014 <a class=\"css-yywogo\" href=\"https:\/\/www.nytimes.com\/2023\/05\/23\/world\/europe\/prince-harry-security-uk.html\" title=\"\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\" target=\"_blank\">which he lost<\/a> \u2014 challenging the lack of security detail.<\/p>\n<p class=\"css-140ip4z e1me5xab0\">But after Charles was <a class=\"css-yywogo\" href=\"https:\/\/www.nytimes.com\/2024\/02\/05\/world\/europe\/king-charles-cancer.html\" title=\"\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\" target=\"_blank\">diagnosed<\/a> with an undisclosed form of cancer, Harry <a class=\"css-yywogo\" href=\"https:\/\/www.nytimes.com\/2025\/05\/02\/world\/europe\/prince-harry-family-reconciliation-security-battle.html\" title=\"\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\" target=\"_blank\">told the BBC<\/a> in spring 2025 that he \u201cwould love reconciliation\u201d with his family. In September, he <a class=\"css-yywogo\" href=\"https:\/\/www.nytimes.com\/2025\/09\/10\/world\/europe\/prince-harry-king-charles-reunion.html\" title=\"\" rel=\"nofollow noopener\" target=\"_blank\">spent an hour having tea with his father in London<\/a>, in what was seen as a potential first step toward healing the rift.<\/p>\n<p class=\"css-f3337s erlrjdy0\">Leo Sands contributed reporting.<\/p>\n","protected":false},"excerpt":{"rendered":"Prince Harry will travel to the United Kingdom next week for the first time since a fence-mending reunion&hellip;\n","protected":false},"author":2,"featured_media":1068665,"comment_status":"","ping_status":"","sticky":false,"template":"","format":"standard","meta":{"footnotes":"","_share_on_mastodon":"0"},"categories":[7708],"tags":[14608,7731,7719,293049,7718,258893,13485,48279,12160,7720,65605,5105,7710,519,448],"class_list":["post-1068664","post","type-post","status-publish","format-standard","has-post-thumbnail","category-royals","tag-archie","tag-charles-iii","tag-duke-of-sussex","tag-earl-of-dumbarton","tag-harry","tag-king-of-the-united-kingdom","tag-lilibet-diana","tag-london-england","tag-markle","tag-meghan","tag-mountbatten-windsor","tag-royal","tag-royal-families","tag-royal-family","tag-royals"],"share_on_mastodon":{"url":"https:\/\/pubeurope.com\/@uk\/116863630442034423","error":""},"_links":{"self":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/uk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/1068664","targetHints":{"allow":["GET"]}}],"collection":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/uk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts"}],"about":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/uk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/types\/post"}],"author":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/uk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/users\/2"}],"replies":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/uk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/comments?post=1068664"}],"version-history":[{"count":0,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/uk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/posts\/1068664\/revisions"}],"wp:featuredmedia":[{"embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/uk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media\/1068665"}],"wp:attachment":[{"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/uk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/media?parent=1068664"}],"wp:term":[{"taxonomy":"category","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/uk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/categories?post=1068664"},{"taxonomy":"post_tag","embeddable":true,"href":"https:\/\/www.europesays.com\/uk\/wp-json\/wp\/v2\/tags?post=1068664"}],"curies":[{"name":"wp","href":"https:\/\/api.w.org\/{rel}","templated":true}]}}