Here are Monday’s updates from the U.S.-Iran cease-fire and Israel’s war with Hezbollah:
■ U.S. President Donald Trump is expected to meet his national security team to discuss potential military options, according to an Axios report.
■ Israel operated covert outposts in western Iraq during its war with Iran, including facilities used for refueling, air support, and medical support operations, according to a report by The New York Times. Iraqi officials claim the activity was tied to incidents that left civilians and soldiers dead, while Israel declined to comment on the report.
■ Saudi Arabia’s Defense Ministry said three drones entering its airspace from Iraq were intercepted, amid wider regional concerns following a reported drone strike on the UAE’s Barakah nuclear power plant, which Abu Dhabi and Saudi officials condemned as a dangerous escalation.
■ Israel’s IDF warned that a proposed draft exemption bill will not resolve the military’s long-term manpower shortage, especially amid ongoing operational demands since October 7.
■ IDF Central Command chief Maj. Gen. Avi Bluth signed an order applying Israel’s death penalty law for terrorism to Palestinians in the West Bank. Legal officials had previously warned against extending the law to non-citizens in the territory.
■ The IDF said multiple groups of Israeli civilians attempted to cross the Israel–Syria border in recent days in several separate incidents. Troops returned them to Israeli territory and handed them over to police, calling the crossings a serious criminal offense.
■ The government approved a controversial Defense Ministry compound on the site of the former UNRWA headquarters in East Jerusalem, near Ammunition Hill, a move expected to raise diplomatic tensions over foreign access to the planned IDF museum there.
■ Attorney General Gali Baharav-Miara submitted a classified affidavit to the High Court in petitions challenging the appointment of Roman Gofman as head of the Mossad, alongside requests to submit further sealed material.
■ Shin Bet chief David Zini asked the High Court to hold three former agency heads in contempt after they refused to disclose the identities of officials who signed a petition opposing his appointment.
■ The High Court will hear Haaretz’s petition to unseal the Shin Bet’s position regarding restrictions on Prime Minister’s Office aides Yonatan Urich and Eli Feldstein.