Prince Harry loses landmark case against Daily Mail publisher

Prince Harry has lost his latest legal battle, this time against the publisher of the Daily Mail.

[Subscribe to our Substack newsletter: https://channel4news.substack.com/subscribe]

The Duke and six others, including Sir Elton John and Liz Hurley, had claimed the newspaper had used illegal tactics to obtain stories about them. The Daily Mail strenuously denied those allegations.

The newspaper said the ruling was a victory for “free press”. But The Duke of Sussex and fellow claimant Baroness Doreen Lawrence said it was “a complete and obvious whitewash”.

——-
Get more news at our site – https://www.channel4.com/news/
Subscribe to our Substack newsletter: https://channel4news.substack.com/subscribe
Follow us:
TikTok – https://www.tiktok.com/@c4news
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/channel4news/
Twitter – https://twitter.com/Channel4News
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/Channel4News/

22 comments
  1. "Even understandable suspicion is not proof" – Basically, we know they would do exactly the things they're accused of but can't prove it for

  2. Well considering how he has told everyone very publicly about all aspects of his life and that of his father and brother i dont think there is anyone left who feels he genuinely wanted no publicity. Perfectly reasonable to think that his friends spoke to the media.

  3. The former editor of the Daily Mail statement is spot on – "There isn't a laundry in the cosmos big enough to wash all the dirty linen [Prince Harry] has aired about his own family. "For him, to complain about HIS privacy being invaded takes, not just the biscuit, but the whole tin." 😅

  4. Harry made a huge mistake attacking the ruling of a high court Judge before the cost hearing on July 30th. The Judge can make the whole lot pay ANL full bill. What a disastrous PR and legal strategy.

  5. These people are ridiculous. There is no conspiracy. His life's work is suing newspapers. How pathetic. We have real problems out here not this stuff

  6. When Harry's mother died he was badly damaged mentally. Younger viewers won't remember, but the morning after his mother (Princess Diana), was killed, Harry and William were forced to go to Sunday morning church with their father, Charles. Now our King, together with other members of the royal family. They were instructed to act as if nothing had happened. For God's sake, they had just found out their beloved mother had been killed in a terrible care crash! Yes Harry is mentally damaged, and it's mainly through the actions of his own family. For this trip, Harry wanted to bring his children to see their Grandfather before he dies. Charles could have organised security for Harry, Megan, and their children, but he did nothing and now won't see his grandchildren. People in other countries might not realise this, but Harry has to make an appointment to see his own father! I am a royalist, but I'll be so glad when William is our king.

Comments are closed.